Kaiser chiefs

invisible_r

i have LOVED the kaiser cheifs since they played @ reading last year and hardly ANY ppl new about them if your bord check out i predict a riot ITS SUCH A GGOOOOOOOODDDDD SONG btw if any1 has heard bout the london bombs and wants more info i be happy to xplain and give deetails

:help:

i have LOVED the kaiser cheifs since they played @ reading last year and hardly ANY ppl new about them if your bord check out i predict a riot ITS SUCH A GGOOOOOOOODDDDD SONG btw if any1 has heard bout the london bombs and wants more info i be happy to xplain and give deetails

:help:

i heard "i predict a riot" sometime in november in an nme show or something , noted the band name down and hoped they would release and album. and as soon as they did, i bought it! do you agree that it's a hilarious song?

Wooh! My boyfriend just bought us the Employment Box of Tricks 2 CD box set! What fun to open! It really is a box of tricks! Some Kaizer Chiefs money, a "board game"/poster, lyrics booklet, with the Employment CD as well as a 6 track live concert disk! Good value for money and awesome tunes! :rockon:

• 4 months later...

i think you are wrong moonwalker, they are named after the football team

"An obvious question for the band is what in hell inspired the name Kaiser Chiefs? "First thing I can tell you is, that it was the first name we all didn't hate. We were in the process of coming up with a name and out of the blue a friend of ours suggested it. We're actually named after a South African football team, which is kind of ironic because one of our players (Lucas Rutherby) left to play for Leeds (football club), so we like that connection. It was good thing we found something we all could agree on because we were a band without a name for much longer than most."

source

Just to clear this up. The footballer's name is Lucas RADEBE; a legend of South African football, and of "my team", Leeds United. He originally played in SA for The Kaizer Chiefs (sic), signed for Leeds in the early 90s, recently retired after 10 years of great service to the club. That The Kaiser Chiefs are from Leeds is unlikely to be pure happenstance...More likely they are United fans themselves. I would like to think so.

Incidentally, they've been toiling away for years before getting any recognition. Good luck to them, they're a really good band. Great tunes, lyrics, etc.(But not really much like Franz Ferdinand, as others have suggested, IMO...)

But while I'm here:

Since when has Liam Gallagher's opinion counted for anything??? The dull-witted monobrow may be able to sing a bit, but has never had a reputation for intelligence or taste. His disdain for The Kaiser Chiefs probably stems from their Leeds provenance: there is a traditional rivalry between Leeds and Manchester. Or maybe from his suspicion that they represent a fresh, vibrant alternative to his own band's stale dad-rock .

Edited by Guest

Yowser...me and the blind bloke whatsit agree on something :thumbup:

Apart from the disdain for all things Gallagher...who, to be specific, are Manchester City fans (not all bad) as opposed to Manchester United fans (all bad...Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Robbie Williams etc.) The Kaiser Chiefs are absolutely defintely named after the Sth African Team that gifted us the inestimable Lucas Radebe, whose testemonial must surely be happening soon.

The Kaiser Chiefs recently trained with LUFC (Leeds United Foootball Club)...I've seen the photos :)

Edited by Guest

Yowser...me and the blind bloke whatsit agree on something :thumbup:

Apart from the disdain for all things Gallagher...who, to be specific, are Manchester City fans (not all bad) as opposed to Manchester United fans (all bad...Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Robbie Williams etc.) The Kaiser Chiefs are absolutely defintely named after the Sth African Team that gifted us the inestimable Lucas Radebe, whose testemonial must surely be happening soon.

Already happened mate, this summer. Leeds "All Time Greats" X1 versus "The Rest of the World" X1, (Alan Smith not welcome,for some reason, despite being long time colleague of Lucas)Big turn-out, great event by all accounts.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes, but Concaster Rovers just beat Aston Villa 3-0, and I was at the pub watching it...Sorry, thar should read "Doncaster Rovers"

Would Alan Smith have been welcome if he hadn't gone to the Munics? - or was it his style of exit rather than his destination?

Do they still throw bricks at the away fans from that embankment on the way out?

Does the Service Crew still meet in the 'Speakeasy', and does it still have that boxing ring?

Do Leeds still have expensive fishtanks?

Lads, we need to know.....

Regards

Would Alan Smith have been welcome if he hadn't gone to the Munics? - or was it his style of exit rather than his destination?

Do they still throw bricks at the away fans from that embankment on the way out?

Does the Service Crew still meet in the 'Speakeasy', and does it still have that boxing ring?

Do Leeds still have expensive fishtanks?

Lads, we need to know.....

Regards

Yes (destination not "Manner of exit", the key issue here, I think)

No, don't know, and no.

But isn't this supposed to be a Kaiser Chiefs forum? Or maybe that's your point??! :shades:

Just to clear this up. The footballer's name is Lucas RADEBE; a legend of South African football, and of "my team", Leeds United. He originally played in SA for The Kaizer Chiefs (sic), signed for Leeds in the early 90s, recently retired after 10 years of great service to the club. That The Kaiser Chiefs are from Leeds is unlikely to be pure happenstance...More likely they are United fans themselves. I would like to think so.

i just copied and pasted that from an interview i read somewhere, so i guess they had spelled the footballer's name wrong