Meanings of certain The Ramones song lyrics

r4m0n3s

can anyone please provide any info (besides the ones on this website) on any of these songs and what its lyrics mean?

i wanna be sedated

beat on the brat

blitzkrieg bop

teenage lobotomy

just a brief info any of these songs and if possible, more info on some of its lines in their lyrics, thanks a bunch

I've looked up the song reviews on AMG and I think they are bunk. Basically the thing to remember about the Ramones is they wanted to play loud, fast rock n roll at a time when Disco (and cocaine and quaaludes) were numbing minds everywhere. They wanted to pay hommage to 50's and 60's rock (listen to "Do You Remember Rock & Roll Radio?") I've always thought "Bleitzkreig Bop" was a diatribe against conformity using the metaphor of Nazism ("They're forming in a straight line/They're going through a tight wind/They kids are losing their minds".)

"Beat On The Brat" probably is an expression of boredom, ie, there is nothing better to do than beat up some one with a baseball bat.

"Teenage Lobotomy" mentions DDT, a now outlawed pesticide that did much damage to the environment.

"I Wanna be Sedated" is just like all other Ramone's songs: Wry, witty and catchy as heck.

If you are new to The Ramones, I suggest the CD Ramones Mania, which is a collection of their most well known songs and should get you indoctrinated pretty quickly. I am pretty new to the Ramones too, but the more I hear them, the more I love them, and I plan on reading books about them and learning as much as I can about these arbiters of American punk.