Randy Rhoads recalled by bassist for Ozzy

RonJonSurfer

Ozzy's Former Bass Guitarist Recalls Pain of Randy Rhoads' Death

Ozzy Osbourne's former bass player has revealed all about rock legend Randy Rhoads' airplane crash death in a new book - because he's sick of talking about the tragedy.

Rudy Sarzo, a former member of Whitesnake, was part of Osbourne's touring group during the heavy rocker's heyday in the early 1980s - when he traveled the world with guitar great Rhoads.

Sarzo kept detailed diaries and journals of the tours for tax reasons, but left the day of Rhoads? 1982 death blank - leaving him to relive the painful day in his memory ever since for fans who want to know what really happened.

And now he hopes his new book, Off The Rails - My Adventures in The Land of Ozz, will help fans to understand what happened, so they'll no longer ask him.

Sarzo, now the bass player for Dio, tells trade magazine Billboard, "The spookiest thing looking back at it, I got a chill when I got to March 19th (1982) and it's missing."

"It was like, 'Wow.' Having to go back in my head and walk down those corridors, because a lot of this stuff, it still is hard to talk about it, because people ask me about it."

"Every time I tell the account of what happened that day, I have to relive it."

"It's so hard. That's one of the reasons why I wrote it, so I don't have to talk about it anymore."

The book will also feature candid, previously unseen photos of Osbourne and the band.