American Idol

Tenacious_Peaches

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I suspect a lot of talented people stayed away from AI Just because of being made fun of and the whole thing. I watched most of it. Not because I thought It was any great talent show or anything. I watched for the entertainment value. The competition..just to see how the voting and winning would go. Sort of like a sporting event you know? It's not so bad. ::

I watched seasons two and three religiously and picked Ruben and Fantasia out from the pack both times. This season I barely watched (preoccupied you know!) but still thought I'd picked the winner - Bo. Guess I was wrong!

I predict fame for him, though. It will most likely be a Clay/Ruben type thing where the runner-up sells more albums than the winner.

Led, ignore the man behind the curtain. ::

Anyone else noticed that the only "Idol" who is still doing anything big is Kelly Clarkson?

I was just saying this the other day. I think she has wiped the stench of AI off of her and is now considered a singer on her own merits. I've liked the singles from her latest album.

You can't really write off Fantasia, though. I listen to a lot of R&B stations and she's on her 3rd or 4th single of the year. Just because she's not "pop" doesn't mean she's not a popular singer. That being said, I don't like her. I stopped watching last year after Latoya got the boot.

And isn't someone who goes through an internet site looking for people to "dorkify" rather a dork himself? Takes one to know one, as some people say. :thumbsup:

Oh, yea, I'm a dork, no question about that. However, I must object to the statement that I go 'looking for people to dorkify'.

I don't have to look. you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a dork.

Oh, and BTW.... dorkify?

what a dork. :jester:

I don't have to look. you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a dork.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh, and BTW.... dorkify?

If I'm not mistaken, the correct terminology is "endork".

en-dork: v. 1. To thrust upon someone an unfavorable title such as dork, geek, spaz, dweeb, or wuss. 2. To utilize the up-carat (^) in an attempt to endork the previous poster. 3. n. The act of endorking.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :jester:

\/ DORK

You know, the only reason I am even remotely interested in this is because all you guys are into it.

I have to ask this question, though...The last show was two hours long, correct?

Why? Did they sing a bunch of songs? Because I'll tell you right now, if you people sat through two hours of stretching out something that could be done in ten minutes, that makes you not just a dork.

You're Dorkenstein.

I have no idea how they stretch those "announcement" shows to a whole 30 minutes, let alone the normal hour, let alone the 2 hours the other night. They did a look back for both Carrie and Bo, and had some kind of video play that was supposed to be funny, making fun of American Idol. It was kind of funny, I guess. They also had the top 10 come back and do duets with some famous artists. The only 2 I remember are Bo with Lynyrd Skynyrd, and just for the comic value of it, I remember the blonde haired guy with glasses and the guy with the dreadlocks singing "I Believe I Can Fly" with Kenny G.