Rate the Food!

Batman

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10/10 I love that stuff EA...but I can't have it very often..gotta lower my cholesterol...

I'm learning to like oatmeal...I never was too fond of that stuff, but it's suppose to be good for my cholesterol, so I had a bowl of maple and brown sugar oatmeal....sorry, I can't stand it plain...

Foxy's Chicken Jalfrezi

INGREDIENTS:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 onion, grated

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in half

3 teaspoons ground turmeric

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes

2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)

3 teaspoons ground cumin

3 teaspoons ground coriander

2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root

1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves

DIRECTIONS:

Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the chicken, and season with turmeric, chili powder and salt. Fry gently, scraping the bottom of the pan frequently and turning the chicken.

Pour in the tomatoes with their juice, cover the pan, and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Uncover, and simmer for another 10 minutes to let the excess liquid evaporate.

Add the ghee, cumin, ground coriander, ginger and cilantro, and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes. Serve the chicken pieces with sauce spooned over the top.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm giving it a 10/10. Sounds yummy.

Foxy's Chicken Jalfrezi

INGREDIENTS:

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 onion, grated

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in half

3 teaspoons ground turmeric

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes

2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)

3 teaspoons ground cumin

3 teaspoons ground coriander

2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root

1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves

DIRECTIONS:

Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the chicken, and season with turmeric, chili powder and salt. Fry gently, scraping the bottom of the pan frequently and turning the chicken.

Pour in the tomatoes with their juice, cover the pan, and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Uncover, and simmer for another 10 minutes to let the excess liquid evaporate.

Add the ghee, cumin, ground coriander, ginger and cilantro, and simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes. Serve the chicken pieces with sauce spooned over the top.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm giving it a 10/10. Sounds yummy.

Made this last night --It's a hit --pretty easy and not too many dishes to wash ( always a consideration ) ! :thumbsup: :bow: Didn't have ghee , but butter worked fine as did dried cilantro ( though not as much ) and also cubed the chicken... I also used your recipe for nan , Levis . Great taste, but my technique needs work ( didn't look so great ) -- could be my oven , too ( a great chef always blames his tools / circumstances ) . :cool: :laughing: