Rate the Food!

Batman

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm....fudge stripes. 5/10 - Elves are scary.

The queen's servants just delivered, to my office, my dream meal:

Crown rack of lamb with mint jelly

8 oz. lobster tail with drawn butter

Steamed asparagus tips with lemon/butter sauce

Rice pilaf

Steamed carrots

and fresh strawberry shortcake

OH GOD, NOW I'M REALLY STARVING!!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Edna's ragout and scrambled eggs, 9/10.

Kentucky Fried Chicken Salad? 5/10 . I'm not a big fan of the Colonel's cooking.

What kind of pudding, Edna? Trifle, perhaps? (Yummy!)

I've been having a craving for Greek food all week, so tonight we had barbecued leg of lamb, rosemary potatoes, pita bread with Tzatziki, green beans Plaki and a Greek salad. Yummy, yippy skippy!!

Katie, what exactly is a "vegamite sandwich", that was so gloriously referenced by the Men At Work? And what would one taste like, as a comparison, please?

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

:: A 'Vegemite sandwich' is two pieces of bread with vegemite on them! Vegemite is this dark brown, almost black spread. It tastes sorta like Promite or Marmite, only nicer. It is a cultural icon in Australia, but it never took off anywhere else in the world.

vegemite.gif

We have beetroot cut in slices on sandwiches and hamburgers. I think it gets cooked first, then they cool it and put it in tins. GCSB.jpg That must be another Aussie thing. :thumbsup: :)

We have beetroot cut in slices on sandwiches and hamburgers. I think it gets cooked first, then they cool it and put it in tins. That must be another Aussie thing. :thumbsup: :)

We have that in Europe, only not in tins but in platic bags. I love beetroots...

Just had breakfast. Nothing special. But just one cofee as I don´t work today.

10/10 cos you've made me smile! although i don't really like lamb that much, but i'm going home next weekend so i'll be eating some of that!

oops, sorry, my post was refering to CanAm, didn't see the following posts (must still be asleep)

so 10/10 for edna and her coffee

i'm having coffee and no food. i had pasta with veggie bolognese sauce last night

We have beetroot cut in slices on sandwiches and hamburgers. I think it gets cooked first, then they cool it and put it in tins. That must be another Aussie thing.

From the picture of the can you posted, it looks like what we call "pickled beets" and these come in clear jars here in the US. My mother loves them, but I think they're bitter.

I had roast chicken and a Diet Coke for lunch.

You find them bitter? I find them sweet!! :laughing: :laughing: Now that you mention it, we also have these in Spain... only it´s not that easy to find, it´s rather american or german food... spanish food is... I dunno, I don´t like it... I´ve been living here for more than 30 years and I still miss French food... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

10/10 for enchiladas. 0/10 for not loving beets... 27/10 for being a fan of Keith. 28/10 for having young Matthew coming from Florida. :thumbsup:

I had a big sandwich with lettuce, tomatoe, turkey and mayonnaise, just like Katie´s... and a big glass of milk. Routine...

Concentrated yeast extract=Vegemite....yech!

Marmite does not sound any better, sorry.....

I am about to go to sleep, so I cant eat anything, but this thread has reminded of sugar sandwiches (bread/butter/sugar) and Miracle Whip sandwiches (bread/Miracle Whip)

I think I will go have a Goo Goo Cluster and call it a night.

No, no!! Vegemite is YUMMY!! But I suppose you have to be Australian and raised on it from birth to like it. It has been around for 75 years anyways, so it is pretty popular down under. It does come from yeast extract that has been used to make beer first. It has other things in it too though!!

"We're happy little vegemites as bright as bright can be,

We all enjoy our vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea.

Our mummies say we're growing stronger every single week

Because we love our vegemite,

We all adore our vegemite,

It puts a rose in every cheek!"

:laughing: I still know the song!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What is Miracle Whip? What is a Goo Goo Cluster? Sugar sandwiches are yum, 9/10!!!

I had subway for lunch.

I´m having cookies with second cofee and lots of milk.

10/10 for having cookies for breakfast and also for drinking your coffee the way I do...with lots of milk. I also like it very sweet. It's more like coffee flavored milk the way I drink it.

For breakfast I had strawberries, yogurt and granola.