Quietly Violent/Spine Tingling Songs For My Movie

GSPOT

i am making a movie with a few of my friends about how tough life is and about a troubled teen who contemplates suicide and profiles the violent nature of everyday life. I need some ideas for some really good, more reserved songs that are really powerful... and thought provoking... preferably acoustic/piano or just really weird..... i need some good songs that can make someone feel really lonely and isolated.. as the main character will be contemplating his mundane life

Here's my list:

In The Flesh?

The Thin Ice

Another Brick in The Wall pt. I

The Happiest Days of Our Lives

Another Brick In The Wall pt. II

Mother

Goodbye Blue Sky

Empty Spaces

Young Lust

One Of My Turns

Don't Leave Me Now

Another Brick In The Wall Pt. III

Goodbye Cruel World

Hey You

Is There Anybody Out There

Nobody Home

Vera

Bring The Boys Back Home

Comfortably Numb

The Show Must Go On

In The Flesh

Run Like Hell

Stop

The Trial

Outside The Wall

Rogerwaters did a good list. Any track from The Wall is lonely. Comfortably Numb is one that immediately came to mind. But whatever you do, choose the version by Pink Floyd, not the Scissor Sisters! Disco just isn't good life-contemplating music.

I always found the songs on the Pink Floyd album "Meddle" to be dark. More specifically the songs "Echoes" and "Seamus." Seamus is a lonely song to me, it seems like it's about a lonely guy who just hangs out with his dog all day. Now to some that might be considered a simple, good life, but to me, the tone of the song and lyrics about Seamus (that's the dog) seem miserable and lonely to me. I don't know what "Echoes" is about, I haven't payed close attention to the lyrics, but it sounds lonelyish. Also, if there is a part in the movie where the guy is just going crazy and out of control, but still sad, the first song on Meddle is good. I think it's called "One of these days" but I'm not sure. Another good Pink Floyd song is "Hey You." It is sad.

One last suggestion is "Maggot Brain" by Funkadelic. It is a sad instrumental song. Well almost instrumental, just don't pay attention to the first thirty seconds where some guy from a distance is talking about how mother earth is pregnant for the third time and y'all have knocked her up. If you've never heard Funkadelic, don't pay attention the band name, just listen to the sad song. I'm not sure if it would go best with your movie though. Your movie situation sounds more sadly lonely, and this song is more angry lonely.