Siege Mentality

Kevin

It's amazing how the United States can police the entire world and keep pretty much everyone in check while being constantly hated for our actions. I'd like to see how many countries get horribly invaded, raped, tormented, and picked apart at the seems when the US closes its' eyes and tells everyone "you're on your own".

the us joining wwii properly after pearl harbour, so it's not like it was really policing and keeping things in check!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how the United States can police the entire world and keep pretty much everyone in check while being constantly hated for our actions. I'd like to see how many countries get horribly invaded, raped, tormented, and picked apart at the seems when the US closes its' eyes and tells everyone "you're on your own".

It seems to be human nature to envy and resent the top dog, Aaron. When Great Britain was the world's superpower in the 19th and early 20th centuries, she was criticized far more than she was praised. Now that the United States is the world's superpower, she is envied and resented by many nations. It's unfortunate that many people dwell only on the foreign policy mistakes made by the U.S. and Britain and not on their many successes. As a Canadian, I am grateful for the largely positive relationship that exists between my country and America. We have our differences, but in most of the important ways we are very similar and I can think of few countries I would rather have as a neighbour than the United States.

:thumbsup:

It seems to be human nature to envy and resent the top dog, Aaron. When Great Britain was the world's superpower in the 19th and early 20th centuries, she was criticized far more than she was praised. Now that the United States is the world's superpower, she is envied and resented by many nations. It's unfortunate that many people dwell only on the foreign policy mistakes made by the U.S. and Britain and not on their many successes. As a Canadian, I am grateful for the largely positive relationship that exists between my country and America. We have our differences, but in most of the important ways we are very similar and I can think of few countries I would rather have as a neighbour than the United States.

:thumbsup:

:bow: thank you! I'm glad our Canadian neighbors understand what's going on in this unsettling landmass called the United States.

France don´t believe in Popes, Unky... We believe in La Grandeur, Général De Gaulle and sacrébleu, as you say...

I know nothing about this Pope but I´ve been told he´s not very modern... he doesn´t like piercings nor tattos and he never listened to the Rolling Stones... :thumbsdown:

What´s his name? Marcinkus? Schultz! :shades: