Elton John "The World's Greatest Pop Star"

RonJonSurfer

Do you think the excessive touring and recording might be to repay his massive debt from our previous story???

Elton John Gets Ready For World Domination

Elton John will embark on a two-year touring and recording spree as part of his new deal with Sanctuary Group, which aims to immortalize him as the world's greatest pop star.

The legendary singer - who sold his management company Twenty-First Artists to Sanctuary for $30.4 million last month - has signed a five-year deal with the independent firm, who want to propel him back onto the international live circuit.

Elton ditched his manager Derek Mackillop of five years and decided to pursue new representation following the disappointing sales of his 2004 album 'Peachtree Road'.

Chief Executive Officer Merck Mercuriadis says, "He reaches his 60th birthday in two years. Our aim between now and then is to show the world he's one of the greatest artists of all time."

"There will be a full creative plan with a new album and a full tour."

He beats out MJ any day of the week!

I have been to over twenty EJ concerts in my life with Thanksgiving, 1974 at the Garden still being my favorite (John Lennon's last stage appearance). As for EJ beating out MJ, I would have to say the question should not even be asked. It's a no brainer!

I have been to over twenty EJ concerts in my life with Thanksgiving, 1974 at the Garden still being my favorite (John Lennon's last stage appearance). As for EJ beating out MJ, I would have to say the question should not even be asked. It's a no brainer!

I need to qualify that my MJ reference was meant to be witty and in way represents any level of talent close to EJ. Phew!