News flash...Mariah only allowed in gay clubs

RonJonSurfer

Mariah Carey Says Ex-Husband Only Allowed Her To Go To Gay Clubs

Mariah Carey, whose new album is titled the Emancipation Of Mimi, says she didn't have much freedom during her marriage to record mogul Tommy Mottola. In an interview with Houston-based gay magazine OutSmart, Mariah says, "There was a time when all I was allowed to do was go to gay clubs, because my quote-unquote husband was so afraid of me being around straight people."

Mariah says she has always had many gay friends and a legion of gay fans. She adds that her mother, who was an opera singer, raised her to be open-minded and accepting of others. She says, "It was a loving type of vibe I got. I basically was raised by two gay men, Ernie and Mort, who were best friends. When we didn't have a place to stay, we stayed with them. So I feel like God recognizes us all as human beings and loves us as we are."

The Emancipation Of Mimi will be in stores April 12. The album's first single, "It's Like That," is at Number 24 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, and Mariah has just released the second single, "We Belong Together."