Idol Finalists do charity single..

RonJonSurfer

'Idol' Finalists Ready Charity Single

The dozen competitors who made it to the finalist rounds of the latest season of "American Idol" will release a single to raise funds for the American Red Cross. The group's cover of Diana Ross' "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" will be issued April 19 by RCA.

The song was chosen by fans of the Fox show via a vote on the "American Idol" Web site. The other two songs in contention -- renditions of Ray Stevens' "Everything Is Beautiful" and the Bobby Scott/Bobby Russell-written "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" -- will appear as B-sides, because "response to the poll was so overwhelming," according to the 'Idol' site.

A balance of six male and six female contestants made up the pack of fourth season finalists: Bo Bice, Lindsey Cardinale, Anthony Fedorov, Mikalah Gordon, Constantine Maroulis, Anwar Robinson, Scott Savol, Vonzell Solomon, Carrie Underwood, Jessica Sierra, Nikko Smith and Nadia Turner.

Currently, eight remain in the competition, with Cardinale, Gordon, Sierra and Smith having been voted out by viewers in the last four weeks. Smith, who exited the competition on Wednesday, was a replacement for Mario Vasquez, who pulled out of the contest just before the finals began, citing "a personal family thing."

The "Idol" finale is scheduled for May 24-25. Traditionally, the top 10 finalists have launched a North American arena tour shortly after the season's conclusion.