Real Life School Of Rock with Gene Simmons!

Foxy

140_140_aI0017498.jpg

A real life School Of Rock programme hosted by KISS mainman Gene Simmons (the one with the tongue) has been given the green light in the US ahead of its UK screening.

VH-1 and RDF Media (who also make Wife Swap) are producing six American episodes of School Of Rock which sees Simmons play 'headmaster' to a bunch of hopeful 13-year-old rock wannabes in a new reality series that echoes the hit Jack Black-starring movie of the same name.

Channel 4 already has six UK episodes of the show in which Gene teaches classically trained pupils of Christ's Hospital in Horsham, Surrey, how to rock. Now he'll have to go back to the US and teach his fellow countrymen too.

"Gene was genuinely interested in transforming the troupe of pre-teens into a rough-round-the-edges rock band," Joe Houlihan of RDF told Blabbermouth. "With the Jack Black film becoming a big hit, we feel like the timing couldn't be better."

If a success the US show could feature other rock stars teaching various other courses. In the first episode of the UK show Simmons pulls up in a limousine so the boarding school pupils brand him "arrogant" and "middle-aged."

School Of Rock airs on Channel 4 and VH-1 later this year.

She's a pretty lady, sure enough!

If I had a husband, I'd be willing to do a husband swap, to see what Gene Simmons is really like :googly:

As I'm single, Shannon doesn't have to worry, just yet ;) :laughing:

For only the briefest second I thought you were suggesting you wanted to see what Shannon was like...My mind is wandering today...not much work going to get done.. :shades: