The Royal Wedding !!

Kevin

I know that I should mind my own business, but I always thought that that is a real love story... I even find it touching that he wants to be her tampax!!! I didn´t like Diana, she was always complaining... if I was the queen-to-be I would be aware that I should behave... that´s a good job! They should have got married many years ago but seems the Queen is always wrong when she decides who should marry who in her family...

OK, now I got to go, I have other things to think about!!! :: ::

A much abused man marries his long-time love

Hmmmmmm, not to go against the grain here but it seems you all are cheering this marriage. It is obviously a great love story but if it was to be, why didn't it happen thirty years ago instead of each of them putting their previous spouses through the mill.

The line about Charles being a much abused man is hilarious. I truly have nothing to say about the royals one way or another but Princess Diana was the abused spouse in that relationship. It was bad enough she had to wake up every morning and look at him. She also had to endure his escapades with Ms. Bowles happening behind her back.

Hmmmmmm, not to go against the grain here but it seems you all are cheering this marriage. It is obviously a great love story but if it was to be, why didn't it happen thirty years ago instead of each of them putting their previous spouses through the mill.

The line about Charles being a much abused man is hilarious. I truly have nothing to say about the royals one way or another but Princess Diana was the abused spouse in that relationship. It was bad enough she had to wake up every morning and look at him. She also had to endure his escapades with Ms. Bowles happening behind her back.

...while on her own back with a captain of the Coldstream guards ! ;)

This question of ' why not 30 years ago ? ' is oft asked, Jimmy, and is answered simply with the tragic and antiquated notion that Mrs. Bowles was not a virgin and was therefore ineligible to marry him. In fact, she helped to 'pick' and convince him to marry Diana.

Anyway, they have an easy living, don´t they?

Fortunate Son

CCR

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,

ooh, they're red, white and blue.

And when the band plays "Hail To The Chief",

oh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me,

I ain't no senator's son,

I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,

Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.

But when the taxman come to the door,

Lord, the house look a like a rummage sale, yes,

I ain't no millionaire's son.

I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Yeh, some folks inherit star spangled eyes,

ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,

And when you ask them, how much should we give,

oh, they only answer, more, more, more, yoh,

I ain't no military son,

I ain't no fortunate one,

I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,

I ain't no fortunate son, no no no,

And why should it matter if she was not a virgin? And who could tell, besides? And why didn´t she just say she was? Do they make physicall exams like in the gypsy community? Does this shows in her face or in her behaviour or anywhere?I find Camilla is much more a woman...

And why should it matter if she was not a virgin? And who could tell, besides? And why didn´t she just say she was? Do they make physicall exams like in the gypsy community? Does this shows in her face or in her behaviour or anywhere?I find Camilla is much more a woman...

Yes, edna. Yes they do a physical examination.

:laughing: :laughing: And It's a funny comparison of the royals to gypsies (but if the shoe fits ) ...I'm sure they'd appreciate it too !!! :laughing: :: :thumbsup:

What! Diana was well-known for her adulterous activities during her marriage to Charles. Diana was a great lady for her charity work, but she manipulated everyone when it came to her personal life. Have you read nothing about wher sneaking men in by making them travel in the boot of her car, or disguising herself to go and meet them? She was no angel during their marriage.

Charles and Diana were both unfaithful. He found a true love thirty years ago, but from I've read, was advised that him and Diana should marry with the intention of breeding heirs to the throne. They did that successfully. Diana then found happiness before her death with Dodi, and Charles has found his way back to Camilla.

Camilla has stayed completely silent so far, and has stayed very loyal since they have publically been together, and from what it looks like, she is a huge support to our future King. That has to be a good thing. She seems sensible, respectful, and caring. She isn't the person she was portrayed to us as by the media and Diana.

Camilla and Charles looked truly happy when they married on Saturday, and I for one applaud the fact that they are finally together. He deserves all the happiness he can get. I am sooo not a Royalist, but where true love exists, I don't care who you are.

I'm also going to go against the grain here. The dull and uninspiring heir to the throne finally gets to marry the woman of his dreams (oh well, there's no accounting for taste). Who cares. I used to be an ardent royalist, but after the pathetic antics of the Royal family during the last 10 or 15 years, I think it's time to put these buffoons out to pasture.

If it's not Prince Philip putting his foot in his mouth by making some racist remark, it's Prince Harry showing up at a party in an SS costume or Fergie, Diana or Charles commiitting adultery. Although they don't behave any worse than many of our politicians, at least we can vote politicians out of office.

I don't think people in the UK really care about the whole issue, despite the best and continuing attempts of the gutter press to 'p*ss' on the happy couple out of some misguided pandering to a percived popular opinion.

Let them get on with it - just don't publish the photos!

Regards

Either he´s a nazi or an ***hole. For the salary he gets or will get, he could at least be discreet. and have some tact... He´s very handsome though.

Foxy, I agree with you a 100%!!!! pretty love story... Though I couldn´t care less about the royal families, here, there and everywhere. In France we got rid of them very drastically...

You bloodthirsty little devil Edna. ::

I think the life of a Royal must be very hard, having to "measure up", smile, wave, attend booooring events. I'm not a Royalist but I pity them. Australia will be a Republic as soon as our buffoon Politicians can decide a method of electing a President (or whatever they call him/her). I'm very cynical about Politics. The last few elections it's been a case of deciding which candidate's the "lesser evil". I usually vote for the one I think is the most morally suitable. Sir William Dean, a previous Govenor General would be my choice for Predident because he is a GOOD MAN.

Yes, edna. Yes they do a physical examination.

:laughing: :laughing: And It's a funny comparison of the royals to gypsies (but if the shoe fits ) ...I'm sure they'd appreciate it too !!! :laughing: :: :thumbsup:

Well, after all, seems they feel the same about... "that"... how exotic, though it´s not the right word but it describes what I think about it...

Derryl, I don´t drink blood... I love milkshakes! Do the royal family have milkshake in their veins? ::