Bono and Brad Pitt Unite.....For Africa

RonJonSurfer

Bono and Brad Pitt Unite For Africa

Bono and Brad Pitt teamed up in Los Angeles to launch a new fight against Aids and poverty in Africa Wednesday.

The superstar duo is backing the new "One" campaign, which is aimed at creating an army of Americans who wants to help wipe out disease and poverty in Africa.

Bono, who took a break from U2's tour to attend the launch, says, "We're asking for people's voice... We're getting a little army together - a million Americans, all ages, all backgrounds; just saying it's not acceptable what's going on in Africa. (There are) people dying for no good reasons... We can fix that."

Pitt adds, "I have seen it, I have been there and to walk away from it, turn my back on it makes me culpable, and I cannot do that."

"I've seen a real shift in the definition of what America is and there's a real misconception out there that's growing and taking hold, and that is that we're opportunists, that we're only there if it serves us."

TV networks ABC and MTV have joined forces to offer free airtime to the stars' new public service announcement about the plight of Africans. The 60-second spot, which will air on Sunday, will also feature Justin Timberlake, Tom Hanks and Jamie Foxx.