concert date STONES

windy1

Ok youse guys in the northeast.....1 semi-set in stone date has been set for the Stones upcoming concert. August 21st and 23rd at Fenway Park. Anyone want to put me up for the 2 days?

Don't get your hopes up yet. Last I heard (Wednesday mornign) They're going through Neighborhood Effect research. It isn't 100% finalized yet. But it's like 85-95% that it's a go.

But Ill be first in line when tix go on sale!

• 4 weeks later...

Rolling Stones Announce World Tour

The Rolling Stones announced the kick off of the Rolling Stones World Tour at Boston?s Fenway Park on August 21. With 35 dates already confirmed in the U.S and Canada, the band will then tour Mexico, South America, the Far East and finally Europe in the summer of 2006.

Fans, along with hundreds of members of the U.S. and international media gathered at Lincoln Center, were treated to a surprise performance by the Rolling Stones. As the first note blared across the plaza, a giant banner with the signature tongue logos dropped, revealing the band performing on the balcony-turned-stage of the 100 year old conservatory, Juilliard.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood played three songs for the crowd, marking the first time the Rolling Stones performed at a press event since 1975 when they sang ?Brown Sugar? on top of a flatbed truck as they rode down 5th Avenue.

The Rolling Stones Onstage will feature three dramatically different venues from the grand scale of a stadium, to an arena to the intimate setting of a theatre and club with special set lists.

This year?s tour brings together the advantages of an up-close club experience with their electric stadium show. The band will offer some fans the opportunity to be onstage with the Rolling Stones.

Several hundred seats are built directly into the stadium set, letting fans share the excitement of being onstage as the Rolling Stones perform to an audience of 50,000 plus.

Rolling Stones Onstage will utilize elaborate productions. The band will be working closely with the design team responsible for the sets, dramatic effects and state-of-the art technology on previous tours from ?Steel Wheels? to ?Licks.?

The Rolling Stones hold the record for the top 2 most attended North American tours of all time. Fans are able to enjoy special access to tickets, exclusive merchandise and can also follow the tour online at www.rollingstones.com.

For the first time ever, concert goers will be able to see the exact seat locations and choose the price level of tickets before purchasing a platinum membership to the fan club. Every ticket sold for the tour will include a free Virtual Ticket membership in the Rolling Stones fan club. Updated daily, users will be given an exclusive insider?s look at every aspect of the tour. From rehearsals and preparations to on-going coverage via audio and videos streams, downloads, set lists and news and much more.

American Express has partnered with the Rolling Stones to secure a special opportunity for Cardmembers to purchase their tickets (in select markets and venues) to what promises to be an incredible tour prior to the general public on-sale.

All tickets available during the American Express on-sale can be purchased via Ticketmaster as follows: in Boston, from 3:00 p.m. ET on May 10 through 9:00 p.m. ET on May 13; in Chicago, from 9:00 a.m. CT on May 11 through 5 p.m. CT on May 20; in New York from 9 a.m. ET on May 11 through 5 p.m. ET on May 22; and in Anaheim and San Francisco from 9 a.m. PST on May 11 through 5 p.m. PST on May 21.

Tickets will go on sale May 14th for Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, and Calgary, with additional markets and dates to follow.

In keeping with the band?s philosophy of making their shows accessible to all fans, tickets for the stadiums, arenas and theatres/clubs will be available in a broad range of price categories. There will be a limited number of Gold Circle seats while the remaining 95% of the house will average $99 for stadium shows, $110 for arenas and all tickets for theatre/club shows will be $50. Tickets can be purchased through all usual ticket outlets.

Continuing their historic creative partnership, Mick and Keith began writing together last fall and have since recorded with Charlie and Ronnie. Their highly anticipated full length studio CD with all new material will be released by Virgin Records in conjunction with the tour.

Here's the Rolling Stones' North American tour dates:

Aug. 21: Boston (Fenway Park)

Aug. 26: Hartford, Conn. (Rentschler Stadium)

Aug. 28: Ottawa, Ont. (Frank Clair Stadium)

Aug. 31: Detroit (Comerica Park)

Sept. 3: Moncton, N.B. (Magnetic Hill)

Sept. 6: St. Paul, Minn. (Xcel Energy Center)

Sept. 8: Milwaukee (Bradley Center)

Sept. 10: Chicago (Soldier Field)

Sept. 15: East Rutherford, N.J. (Giants Stadium)

Sept. 24: Columbus, Ohio (Nationwide Arena)

Sept. 26: Toronto (Rogers Centre)

Sept. 28: Pittsburgh (PNC Park)

Oct. 1: Hershey, Pa. (Hershey Stadium)

Oct. 3: Washington, D.C. (MCI Center)

Oct. 6: Charlottesville, Va. (Scott Stadium)

Oct. 10: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)

Oct. 15: Atlanta (Philips Arena)

Oct. 17: Miami (American Airlines Arena)

Oct. 19: Tampa, Fla. (St. Pete Times Forum)

Oct. 21: Charlotte, N.C. (Charlotte New Arena)

Oct. 28: Calgary (Pengrowth Saddledome)

Oct. 30: Seattle (Key Arena)

Nov. 1: Portland, Ore. (Rose Garden)

Nov. 4: Anaheim, Calif. (Angels Stadium)

Nov. 11: San Diego (Petco Park)

Nov. 13: San Francisco (SBC Park)

Nov. 20: Fresno, Calif. (Save Mart Center)

Nov. 22: Salt Lake City (Delta Center)

Nov. 24: Denver (Pepsi Center)

Nov. 27: Phoenix (Glendale Arena)

Nov. 29: Dallas (American Airlines Center)

Dec. 1: Houston (Toyota Center)

Tickets start at $110... Good freakin' Lord!

Ha! You think that's bad....double it at least to start and that's what us poor Aussies will be paying IF IF IF the Stones decide to include us on their tour schedule. Americans are just so damn lucky!! I paid $227 for my ticket to see The Eagles and I will pay double that to see the Stones!!!!!

Did you forget that Barbra Streisand and Diana Ross were asking $250.00 per ticket TEN YEARS AGO, and they never wrote a song in their lives?! The Eagles charged $125.00, and haven't made an album in 20 years. So, 160 is a bargain, if you compare it to the likes of such.

You're probably right, if you mean that NOBODY should charge that kind of money, but if there's one band that could rightfully request it, it's a band that is still producing good music after 45 years.

Check out the prices for Broadway shows these days?! Hell, CD's even cost 20 bucks each. Take the family to a ballgame (any sport, really), get four hot dogs and four sodas; we're talking 300 bucks. Inflation sucks, man, but what can you do about it?

And besides, Jagger's not quite a BILLIONAIRE yet. Don't you wanna help this guy out a bit? But the truth is that most of that price goes to production costs because the tour is on such a grand scale. The Stones don't just get up on any old stage and and play; they make a huge production out of it. THAT is why they're the World's Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Top price for Eagles ticket in Australia: $520.

Didn't the Stones get quite offended at a press conference when a journo suggested that they were only in this for the money, not the music and the fans? I heard that they have a wide range of ticket prices to make their shows accessible to all fans.

I would be glad to line Mick's pocket. All they have to do it come down here.......

I saw the stones waaaaay back in '79, and santana opened up for them....the best concert i ever saw....they certainly put on a great show...at the time, i think my girlfriend paid 15 bucks a ticket...imagine that, and that was for 3 bands, eddie money opened for santana...but then again, that was '79....her brother knew the show would sell out...he bought 4 tickets and sold them for 100 bucks each...and that was in '79!!!!. so if i had the money to go see them again, i'd go....they are definitely worth it!!!

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry, but "It's the Stones", just doesn't justify it.

Yeah jr, in some cases it does. Guess what? Announced today, they're going to be in my area Jan 27th. Well thanks a lot. I could've saved a lot of money. This is a major trip for me though. A little vacation from real life. ;)

Pictures of the stage sets and lots of concert info available at: web page click on news.

• 3 weeks later...

Laurie it was amazing. You can be jealous. I'll tell all when I get home. Trying real hard not to wake my daughter.

Have you heard of Los Lonely Boys? They're kinds new. They were great as an opening act. Kind of a cross between A bluesy Santana, and some heavy rock thrown in.

Stones Rule!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Wish we had a tongue smilie!!

Ok, Kids. I guess while I can I'd better give my personal review of the Stones concert. Such a chore, but somebodies gotta do it ;)

It was without a doubt, phenomenal. Start to finish, the whole concert. Even the opening acts, maybe because of the opening acts, cause it was 4 hours of just really good music. There weren't a lot of late comers, and people sat pretty quick instead of the usual milling about, when they heard the music.

The first opener was Akyroyd and Belushi. I'm more of a fan of straight up blues than the Blues Brothers are. This was different, more of a straight up style. The only blues brothers song I recognized was Sweet Home Chicago, which they did as a tribute to John B. If you can imagine 50,000 people singing along to Sweet Home Chicago, people already revved up, well...definately an expeience. I'll give 9/10 just cause they could've played longer.

Next we had Los Lonely Boys, as I mentioned. Now I had heard of these guys, but never heard anything from them. They were great. They had a very latin sound thus the Santana reference, but most songs had a hard, bluesy feel. If I could download right now, I'd definately get some of thier stuff. I'll give them an 8/10, cause I need to hear more of them. But they are worth it!!! They rocked the house!!

Now, to the main event. Phenomenal is the only word that works. We had great seats, directly in front of the stage, first level off the field, first row, seats 9 and 10.(that's like ingrained in my memory). People can say what they will, But I saw them in the 70's, the 80's, the 90's and now this show, and they are still the same, but different. Say what you will, but they do grow. I'm bound by a promise to Sammy not to reveal the set list, but there was a surprise cover of an R&B song that was so fresh, so new, and worked so well for them.

The guys were the guys. This is soldier field now. The stage took up the entire width, and more of the height of the end of the stadium. Mick never stopped moving. That man was back and forth scross the width, and out the catwalk into the audience during the entire show. Of course they had the moving stsge, thatbrought all 4 out into the audience, I'd say 3/4 of the way out across the field. Lisa sounded amazing, as usual, and Keith was, well my same old Keith, which is a good thing.

Sat next to this cute 23 year old girl and her boyfriend. We talked and she told me how the Stones were her favorite band, and that pleased me. She asked did I mind her dancing? After I smiled and said no,She was amazed to find out she was dancing with a grandma. I can truthfully say I did not sit the entire time the Stones played, which was from about 8:30, to 11:00. My old bones are still creaking today, but man I had fun!

You gotta know, I give these guys, and the whole show a 20/10!!!!

STONES RULE!!!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:jester:

:guitar: :drummer: :guitar: