Screen Name

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use this screen name in several sites.

simply because I like the name.

Once upon a time, a long time ago, BD, {before Divorce} my initals were DD.

Now thats changed, but I still refer to myself, 13 years later, as DD.

Dd sounds much nicer to the ear, than DH, dont you think?

{ I dont think I would like being called a DH anyway!}

My screen name is influenced by the farsighted book 1984 written by George Orwell. It habitually has to do with Kissinger?s discretion volume, directed towards the Stalin era of Russia, as well as WW2 & was quoted as "met with enthusiastic reviews from most of the idealistic press."

DOOM.

If anyone played that, you'd remember the cyberdemon was the big horned monster with the rocket launcher.

I remember that character, I had a hell of a time against it, back then I thought the graphics were the coolest thing possible, a lot has changed in games since then. I haven't touched that game in a long time though.

• 3 weeks later...

My name is tooked from the song sung by the lady in the radiator in "Eraserhead" called (drum roll) "In Heaven".

Just so you don't think IM some religious freak.

In Heaven

Everything is fine

In Heaven

Everything is fine

In Heaven

Everything is fine

You got your good thing

And I've got mine

In Heaven

Everything is fine

In Heaven

Everything is fine

In Heaven

Everything is fine

You got a your good thing

And you've got mine

In Heaven

Everything is fine

In Heaven

Everything is fine

You've got a your good thing

And you've got mine

In Heaven

Every thing is fine

You say that as if you think it's cool not to correct an error while creating another.

Many people have your mentality, forever.

Hope you'll not fall into that category, forever.

It's up to you, as you've already proved. You don't have to care about yourself but it'd be nice if you cared about others.

Again, you've already proved you don't. Your point has been made.

What is left? You don't have any idea.

Its just an internet thread! :P

wow, for some reason, this thread has been viewed 2201.

now it's up a bunch, I've noticed some threads that don't have many responses, still have 100's - 1,000's of views, but this site is search-able on google, that's how I found it in the first place.

He seemed almost desperate for material to slander people with, when he posted that. So I just blew it off.

if I mispell something I leave it.

Whether you know it or not, that was desperate. Slander people? Don't be absurd. "Mountain, this is Mole Hill, come in Mountain..."

And righto you clever caped crusader, batman! It is an internet thread. Maybe I should copy and paste this into the sarcasm thread or would that be too obvious for the Joker and Riddler?

• 2 weeks later...

I do understand where MuzikTyme is coming from, and I do agree that it is important to spell things correctly. But I don't think it matters that much in this particular place. As long as someone who spells incorrectly here takes time to proofread the things that matter.

For instance, if my friend says aint instead of isn't or aren't, it won't bother me as much as if I see someone on television make the same mistake. I however, by nature, have less than desirable grammar, so I make it a point to think about what I am saying before it comes out. But if I do make a mistake in an unimportant place, I let it go, because it isn't a big deal. But I would be mortified if I was writing a letter to the president or a CEO or someone formal, and confused you're with your.

So, MuzikTyme, I don't think CyberDemon is in need of a grammar lesson. Because, when it boils down to it, spelling/ grammar is not that important here, as long as you can understand what the person is saying.

I

would like to chime in here, if I may. I've been reading the posts about the grammar and spelling issues. I have been afflicted with the "spelling things correctly" disease. It got to the point that I actually came in fifth in the Delaware Coalition for Literacy Spelling Bee, to toot my own horn.

Anyway, I've learned that people are always going to spell things incorrectly, be it laziness, carelessness, or they just don't know.

My point is, I don't get myself in a twist over words spelled incorrectly. Don't get me wrong, when I see one, it's like it's flashing off and on with a big arrow pointing at it.

However, by pointing it out, you only accomplish two things:

1. You either hurt the person's feelings, or you make them angry.

2. You make yourself look condescending and/or smug.

Oh, and by the way, my screen name comes fron car racing. I root for Dale Earnhardt Jr, since his Dad's no longer around. He's won a bunch of races down in Alabama at the Talladega Superspeedway. Hence, Jr. owns Dega.

So I just live and let live.

I use this screen name in several sites.

simply because I like the name.

Once upon a time, a long time ago, BD, {before Divorce} my initals were DD.

Now thats changed, but I still refer to myself, 13 years later, as DD.

Dd sounds much nicer to the ear, than DH, dont you think?

{ I dont think I would like being called a DH anyway!}

I am really not a mean guy, so I don't participate, even though the guy is an idiot, but people in my class call this guy, Marc(he's not too nice) dd for double-d bra becaiuse he is.............. large

Sorry to hijack the thread but- Ron I don't know about opening up a place in Michigan, but we have 3 guys from there who have visited us at least every couple years for the past 10 years or so. It seems these guys take a road trip on their bikes every year, and somehow ended up in our part of the world. One of them had trouble with his bike, and since we are way out in the country, they had no idea where to get parts. We helped them out, got his bike running, and they have been friends ever since. Come on down, we like guys from Michigan! :thumbsup: