Tall Order For A Short Guy

bazooka

Does anybody remember a song (around mid 70s I think) with this chorus or lyric fragment:

Well, it's a tall order

For a short guy

But I'm a gonna try

I know that's not much.

I only heard it a couple times, but I thought it was pretty cool and I haven't been able to find the artist or anything more.

I know Jonathan King and it´s hard to find any info about him in the web. That´s why I posted here for the first time... He made a cover of "Hooked on a Feeling" who was a hit for him in the UK in 1972. It was the "hooka chooga" version, first after B.J. Thomas original. Blue Suede made exactly that same version and were a hit worldwide one year later... I´ll try to find more info about him... I also recall that the face B of this single was "Everything I own", but wait, I got breakfast to fix and then I´ll see in my files... hope I still have something...

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/music/jonathanking.htm

A little more info here...

The Bread song he sang was "Sweet Surrender", but I guess that doesn´t help Bazooka... I´m tracking lyrics see if a got some that match but he doesn´t seem to have many lyrics in the web. We keep searching...

I sure remember Everyone's Gone To The Moon-- a kind of melancholy but definitely catchy melody (hear a sappy MIDI version) that appealed to an older MOR crowd combined with 'deep' cynical lyrics for the idealistic youth of 1965.

Hearts full of motors painted green

Mouths full of chocolate-covered cream

Arms that can only lift a spoon

Everyone's gone to the moon

It's hard to imagine my Tall Order... could be by the same guy, but Jonathan King certainly has turned out a mixed bag over the years. And he describes his Tall Order For A Short Guy as "a funky and worthy soul/pop track", so it just might be what I'm looking for. Hope I won't need to buy his 8-disc set to find out.

Lyric fragments from a couple more songs (also from the mid-70s, I think) that I've never been able to pin down:

[*] It's a hard pill to swallow

It's a lesson to be learned ...

[*] Just a taste of your good lovin'

Sweetest (Sweet as?) bread you can bake in your oven ...

That'll be Earth Quake (or Earthquake), available on the album Beserkley Chartbusters Vol 1. Can't find out anything about the band.

The "Chartbusters" album should be in every collection - Jonathan Richman! Spitballs! Greg Kihn! Rubinoos!

Does anybody remember a song (around mid 70s I think) with this chorus or lyric fragment:

Well, it's a tall order

For a short guy

But I'm a gonna try

I know that's not much.

I only heard it a couple times, but I thought it was pretty cool and I haven't been able to find the artist or anything more.

Thanks dingo!

I'm a San Francisco Bay Area native, so it's got to be Earth Quake's version I heard on Northern California FM stations.

There are so many great local favorite artists that had varying degrees of limited success nationwide.

The Sons of Champlin (Freedom, Get High, etc.)

Lydia Pense and Cold Blood (Down To The Bone, Under Pressure)

Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks (Where's The Money?)

The Loading Zone with Linda Tillery "Sweet Linda Divine" (Don't Lose Control [Of Your Soul] )

The Hoodoo Rhythm Devils (Too Hot To Handle, All Tore Down)

Greg Kihn Band (The Break Up Song [They Don't Write 'Em Like That Anymore], Jeopardy)

Lyric fragments from a couple more songs (also from the mid-70s, I think) that I've never been able to pin down:

[*] It's a hard pill to swallow

It's a lesson to be learned ...

[*] Just a taste of your good lovin'

Sweetest (Sweet as?) bread you can bake in your oven ...

Both of these are less obscure (I think).

Especially the second one.

Any ideas?