Worst band ever live.

bparker1188

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fabulous Thunderbirds were very boring live. Might as well have been mannequins with speakers in their stomachs.

I saw them open for Stevie Ray Vaughan. They weren't bad, I suppose. Of course, anyone playing opposite SRV would be a pale comparison, anyway. Jimmy did come out and do a few tunes with his baby brother, though.

I miss Stevie Ray :(

I agree with both of you, Jimi live is quite irritating for me, though I was a Hendrix fan in the 70s and I saw plenty of movies of him live. I also liked very much King Crimson but when I went to their concert I was wishing they´d finish asap... they were so boring! And a surprise for me, Dire Straits, my favorite band by then (1980) did a never-ending concert in Madrid, Spain. Extremely boring too. I saw them another time and I must say they I prefer their songs on the album, comfortably laying on my couch.

If he absorbed heroin into his head, he would fall asleep surely, after a short period of not really caring what he played.

If he absorbed an uncontrollable quantity of LSD into his head, he would at best not be able to think straight for more than a split second at a time then fall over, and at worst go into such a state of meltdown that his brain would overload, his organs would shut down and he would die a horrible death.

Urban myths, methinks.

Now, a lager-soaked headband would be a different matter. He would almost certainly survive this with nothing worse than a smelly head.

Regards

Batman, that's physically impossible to do. Where ever you heard that, is lieing their/it's a** off. When you're bleeding there's no way it could seek in, because your body is trying to PUSH OUT substances.

Come to think of it, its the same guy who told me today that Freddie Mercury had to have 3 gallons of semen pumped from his stomach. He seems uneducated in music, but I also saw the Hendrix thing in Rolling Stone. I guess you are right about the bleeding thing though.

Actually, it is possible to absorb LSD into blood, that's one of the more common ways of doing it, but not on an open sore. It needs to be injected into the vein line in order to tranquil the brain cells & nervous system.

I agree with Diggs about using Heroin on stage, seems rather unlikely.