Mike

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering how long it takes for a new artist to appear on the SF site? I sent artist info and lyrics to a few of her songs and there is still nothing on the site. I sent everything around Christmas I think...

Carl could probably answer this question best

(It was the Bif Naked stuff btw)

Raymond

rayzor - it's so good to have you back :)

I believe I've 'splained this before, but I couldn't find the post, so I'll take another stab.

When you submit facts for an artist or song, they are checked out as thoroughly as possible. If we can't find anything to support what's been submitted, then we can't support the information, and the facts submitted can't be used. If we are able to confirm the information, then the facts are re-written (if necessary) - and you will be credited for submitting them - and then Carl uploads the stuff I think once every two weeks or so. So, from start to finish can take a few weeks...

HOWEVER, you say you submitted your stuff around Christmas which makes me wonder if they didn't get misplaced in the shuffle somewhere. It might be helpful to re-submit them (hopefully you kept a copy) and give the powers that be a little bump. :)

Hope that answers your question :crazy:

I submitted artistfacts and lyrics to a few of her songs. I did re-submit artistfacts to the main board though, so hopefully I can start with the songfacts (luckily I still have the lyrics to 4 or 5 of her songs!) :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

I got another question:

could it be that only American members have the option to "use HTML" in their posts?

it should be in the pull down menu in "options" together with "use markup" and "use none"

the reason I ask about America is that it could be the same as with the google videos, which also doesn't work for non-Americans

thank you :)