Fever Pitch

Carl

As a savage Sox fan who thinks Jimmy Fallon is funny, I had high hopes for this movie. Here's the problem - there's not enough baseball in it. As a romantic comedy, it holds its own, but they didn't write in the greatest comeback in baseball history the way they should have. The shot of Drew and Jimmy celebrating on the field was real, but completely out of place with the story. It's clear they wrote the script expecting the Sox to lose, and could manage only a lame re-write when Papi and company took care of business.

Also, a lot of shots in the commercials aren't in the movie, including the "Crying Shame" line.

I don't care about the sox, and I can't stand Jimmy Fallon. He laughed during all of his skits in SNL. It's ok once in a while, it shows the cast members are having fun. But after a while it just isn't funny, and ruins the mood of the skit. Such as one of Will Ferrels funniest skits, when he's in a hot tub with his wife and Jimmy Fallon, and someone else I think, and Will Ferrel is going on talking about really personal sexual experiences really openly to these strangers, and gets very detailed, down to his "passionate cries of love-making." Jimmy started laughing instead of getting a little uncomfortable looking. This made everyone in the hottub laugh and ruined the mood of the skit.