Neil Young Recovering from Brain Aneurysm

RonJonSurfer

Neil Young Recovering From Brain Aneurysm

NEW YORK - Neil Young was treated for a brain aneurysm this week and remains hospitalized, although doctors expect a full recovery, his publicist said Friday.

The 59-year-old rocker underwent a procedure to treat it Tuesday night at a New York hospital, where he was expected to remain for a few more days, publicist Bob Merlis told The Associated Press.

Dr. Pierre Gobin, who performed the procedure with another doctor, said: "Mr. Young had a dangerous brain aneurysm and was treated successfully by the minimally invasive neuroradiology team here. He is now resting comfortably ... but we strongly recommend that he not travel for several days."

Young had been expected to perform Sunday at the Juno Awards — the Canadian equivalent of the Grammys.

"I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to make it to Winnipeg for the Junos as I had hoped. I grew up there and was really looking forward to the show as well as spending some time with my old friends and family," Young said. "Thanks to my doctors, I'm feeling a lot better now so I hope I can get a rain check."

The aneurysm was discovered when Young's vision became blurry after attending the March 14 induction ceremonies for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Merlis said. An examination by a neurologist detected the aneurysm and the procedure was scheduled.

The veteran rocker is expected to resume normal activities soon. But for now, Merlis said, "He's got to take it easy."

Long May You Run

We've been through some things together with trunks of memories still to come.

We found things to do in stormy weather, long may you run.

Long may you run, long may you run, although these changes have come.

With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Well, it was back in Blind River in 1962 when I last saw you alive.

But we missed that shift on the long decline, long may you run.

Maybe The Beach Boys have got you now with those waves singing "Caroline"

Rolling down that empty ocean road, getting to the surf on time.

Neil Young Leaves the Hospital

Rock legend Neil Young has left a New York hospital following brain surgery last week.

The "Heart of Gold" singer, 59, was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday after suffering a "dangerous" brain aneurysm.

Young was forced to cancel his appearance at Sunday's Juno Awards in his native Canada.

His agent Bob Merlis says, "The doctors say his progress has been excellent and the expectation is that he will make a full recovery."

Young's aneurysm was discovered last month after the singer's vision became blurry during his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.