Beatles - All My Lovin'

Carl

Hi All.

This came from a real good contributor. Can anyone confirm?

Song Name: All my Loving

Artist: The Beatles

SongFacts: This was the last song John Lennon ever heard. He was brought to the hospital, still alive, though barely so. The doctors worked hard to save him, but to no avail. As his life sign monitor went flat, this was playing over the loudspeaker in the hospital.

I read he was asked in the car where they brought him into the hospital "Are you John Lennon?" and he mumbled something like "yes" but he was declared "dead on arrival". Seems he died in the car...

Edna....I will never forget that evening as well as the next day and the days that followed. I worked within walking distance of the Dakota and spent most of the next day there. As for Lennon being brought to the hospital DOA, I believe that is not correct. I do recall that in the hospital they tried everything they could before pronouncing him dead. I did a quick search and found a site which goes over the evening of the shooting. Read through the first ten to twelve paragraphs. John Lennon Assassination Unfortunately, this site is also loaded with conspiracy theories, but the accounts of the moments following the shooting are pretty much truthful.

Carl...I have never heard that story. He may have been unconscious, therefore not really hearing anything.

interesting site, from what i have read the general view is that he was all but dead on arrival and obviously they did everything they could to save him but to no avail.......i was watching my Paul McCartney DVD (back in the US) last night, 'Here today' his tribute to John is so sweet, gets me everytime....God bless our John - what a hero. to say the least.

Jimmy, you´ve been a witness of History... I was shooting a movie in Almeria and we were in a big house by the coast, no radio, no TV and no contact with civilization... someone told me a Beatle had been shot and I didn´t even know who... Three days later I could contact my family on the phone...

That´s a good site, I found another one searching in the web , under the first google pic of John signing the authograph to the bleeephole who killed him later... I´ll try to post it later when I find it...

I heard from people of the music scene that he was nearly dead when he came, possibly died officially few minutes later, but I never heard about "All my loving" sounding in the hospital...

Anyway, another day the music died...

I´ll look for this site and I´ll post later today...

Bang bang shoot shoot... sad49.gif

found this site, pictures, you might like it: http://lennontribute.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pictures.htm

And this one about shooting, wills, tc,:

http://elvispelvis.com/johnlennon.htm

Initial psychiatric analyses (pl?) painted a picture of a psychotic who fancied himself as the real John Lennon. He tried to imitate Lennon in certain ways, even marrying an Asian girl. He had to eliminate the real Lennon if he was going to be accepted as the "new" Lennon. Sick bastard! Robbed us all.

Yes, he used that as a ploy to distract Lennon. He also had a paperback copy of Catcher In The Rye in his pocket.

Not exactly, the picture of the authograph was taken the same day, in the afternoon, as the Lennons were leaving the Dakota Appartaments. He waited there till late in the evening when they came back home and then he shot him. It´s all in the first site I posted and also in Jimmy´s post......

This whole thread has me choked up. I swear. It's been almost 25 years, and I still get a weird numbness ans sense of loss when I read or see accounts of his assasination.

I was 16, and I had always loved the Beatles. I can't believe it still strikes me so deep like that.

This whole thread has me choked up. I swear. It's been almost 25 years, and I still get a weird numbness ans sense of loss when I read or see accounts of his assasination.

I was 16, and I had always loved the Beatles. I can't believe it still strikes me so deep like that.

JR....I can relate to that. I was 21 then. I remember I was watching Monday Night Football when Howard Cosell broke the news during the second half of the game. I believe it was somewhere between 10:30 and 11:00 P.M. When I first heard it I was numbed by shock. Did Howard just say John Lennon was killed? I dashed to the TV set, took hold of the channel tuner (pre remote control days) and feverishly changed the channel to one of the 10:00 p.m. news shows, then back to the 11:00 p.m. news shortly afterward. I slept that night but I was still in shock the following morning.

In the morning I went down to work. Back then I would take the express bus into the city. I carried a large boom box to work that day to stay abreast of the news and the FM stations which carried retrospects and loads of music. By lunchtime a couple of guys and myself decided we did not feel like working the rest of the day so we left to go up to the Dakota. I was there till almost midnight that evening. I guess that was Dec. 9. The gathering was somewhat large. By the time we got there in the afternoon the crowd had already swelled to what I believe to have been about 10,000 people. People from all walks of life, races and religions had gathered. There were those with guitars who would play Beatle and Lennon songs while many would sit in a circle singing and sharing their memories of the Beatles. The tears flowed all day as people were caught up in their thoughts and memories.

I have mentioned in one or two other posts in the past here on Songfacts that when I was fifteen years old I saw my first Elton John concert. That was Thanksgiving of 1974 (Nov. 28). It was that evening I first saw John Lennon live(invited onstage by Elton). It was also the last time John Lennon would ever appear onstage and perform in public. I was so excited as it was a big surprise to us there in the audience. He dueted with Elton doing I Saw Her Standing There and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. That was an incredible night and still my favorite concert ever. That is my fondest memory of John Lennon.

Of all the John Lennon tribute songs that came after his death, my favorite has always been Empty Garden (Hey, Hey Johnny) by Elton John. Every time I hear it, I am still moved. It can be found on his Jump Up album.

Empty Garden

What happened here,

As the New York sunset disappeared?

I found an empty garden among the flagstones there.

Who lived here?

He must have been a gardener that cared a lot,

Who weeded out the tears and grew a good crop.

And now it all looks strange.

It's funny how one insect can damage so much grain.

And what's it for,

This little empty garden by the brownstone door?

And in the cracks along the sidewalk nothing grows no more.

Who lived here?

And we are so amazed! We're crippled and we're dazed....

A gardener like that one, no one can replace.

And I've been knocking, but no one answers.

And I've been knocking, most all the day.

Oh and I've been calling ,oh hey, hey, Johnny!

Can't you come out to play?

And through their tears,

Some say he farmed his best in younger years.

But he'd have said that roots grow stronger, if only he could hear.

Who lived there?

Now we pray for rain, and with every drop that falls.....

We hear, we hear your name.....

And I've been knocking, but no one answers.

And I've been knocking, most all the day.

Oh and I've been calling ,oh hey, hey, Johnny!

Can't you come out to play,

In your empty garden?

Johnny?

Can't you come out to play, in your empty garden?