Chicago

Jugband_Blues

edna, if you're reading this, you are within easy reach of the facts.

I was puzzled just like jr.

The best explanation I found in my research is that it is about being up at 3:34 or 3:35 a.m. [twenty-five or (twenty-)six to four] with lyric writer's block.

Have you heard the one about George Harrison's Bluejay Way? The song is supposedly pretty much just a literal report of Harrison getting tired waiting for friends who couldn't find the house (on Bluejay Way) one foggy night in L.A. It's funny that it was made to sound so heavy and ominous.

OMG, I couldn´t even imagine LSD and Quaaludes would be so complicated!!!!! Too good I haven´t had a taste of neither one or another since at least twenty years... Reminds of "Paul is dead" and all that backwards stuff... Actually, Quaaludes are exactly the opposite to LSD, that would be the most different drugs I ever took... I preffer Quaaludes...

I guess Bazooka´s explanation is the best one, I would say that too...

And "BlueJay way" is a strange (underated) song... seems his friends were so stoned they got lost, so they called George Harrison on the phone and he suggested them to ask a policeman...

I like those, too, Old 55. Yes, I'm a sucker for sappy mushy love songs, what can I say?

Me too Jenny! In another Site some time ago, they had "Favorite 5 Songs of the 60s" and someone pointed out to me that mine were all love songs. He reckoned the 60s should be divided into two "half decades" - the first relatively "innocent" and the second slightly(?) "decadent".

OMG, I couldn´t even imagine LSD and Quaaludes would be so complicated!!!!! Too good I haven´t had a taste of neither one or another since at least twenty years... Reminds of "Paul is dead" and all that backwards stuff... Actually, Quaaludes are exactly the opposite to LSD, that would be the most different drugs I ever took... I preffer Quaaludes...

I guess Bazooka´s explanation is the best one, I would say that too...

And "BlueJay way" is a strange (underated) song... seems his friends were so stoned they got lost, so they called George Harrison on the phone and he suggested them to ask a policeman...

Eric Clapton was one of those friends George was waiting on. He also wrote Savoy Truffle (White Album) about Clapton's love of sweets. Of course Clapton wrote Layla about his love for George's wife, Patti. I saw A Hard Day's Night recently and Patti is in the movie (one of the girls gathering round the boys on the train ride), I can see what George and Eric liked about her.

He also wrote Savoy Truffle (White Album) about Clapton's love of sweets.

I read somewhere recently that George Harrison wrote "Savoy Truffle" about Eric Clapton´s love of sweets, but as a joke! Seems Clapton had big trouble with his teeth by then and couldn´t eat sweets as it hurt... as most of you might know... ::

Could it be I read it right here in Songfacts? I´ll check...