Tom Sawyer - Rush

I have been puzzled for a while how that song keeps showing up on the list. I've even reset the list at odd times to see what would happen, and it still comes back. The best I can figure, there's either someone who really likes the song, or the search engines are picking up something in it that is driving tons of traffic. I might try taking out of the database for a few days just to get it off the list.

I have been puzzled for a while how that song keeps showing up on the list. I've even reset the list at odd times to see what would happen, and it still comes back. The best I can figure, there's either someone who really likes the song, or the search engines are picking up something in it that is driving tons of traffic. I might try taking out of the database for a few days just to get it off the list.

It's kind of embarrasing for me, I submitted the primary Songfacts for this song and I've had people ask me if I was the one "launching it" to the top of the list. Believe me this is a good song, but not the best Rush has done. I'd like to see some one pick another #1 song, might I suggest Bravado, or even Xanadu, they are much better!!

Seems like whenever Tom Sawyer is #1 Stairway to heaven is #2 and vise versa. Seems like the better two songs to be there are the Battle of the Evermore and Time Stand Still.

It's obvious isn't it?

It's some kind of pointless Competition.

Just my humble opinion!

Mike

unlike tom sawyer, i'm pretty sure that stairway ends up #1 or #2 because people find this site in searching for info about it. incidentally, that's actually how i found this site, i was looking up on all that stairway backwards nonsense. this site had so many facts, i became what you may call "a regular." even though i may not hit the boards quite as hard as others.