Rod Price of Foghat fame dies.

RonJonSurfer

This man could seriously rock.......

Foghat Guitarist Dies

Stephanie Cole - Clear Channel Online Music & Radio

Legendary Foghat guitarist Rod Price passed away Tuesday at the age of 57 in Wilton, New Hampshire.

Blabbermouth.net reports the founding member of the blues boogie band died from injuries sustained from an accidental fall.

Price gained notoriety for his signature slide and blues based playing earning him the reputation as "the magician of slide."

His great talent drove Foghat to three platinum and eight gold records during their long career.

The guitarist also worked with Champion Jack Dupree, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker and many other greats. He also released two solo albums.

Rod Price is survived by his wife Jackie and five children.

An open memorial service will be held at Nelson Funeral Home in Wilton, NH on Saturday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the following about the death of Foghat lead singer, Lonesome Dave...an eerie coincidence or not??

Lonesome Dave Peverett, lead singer and founding member of the band Foghat, died Monday after a year-long battle with cancer. The singer passed away in an Orlando, Florida hospital from double-pneumonia. He was 57.

Peverett was born April 16, 1943, in Dulwich, England and raised in south London. After a tenure with the band Savoy Brown in the early seventies, he and fellow members Tony Stevens and Roger Earl left to form Foghat, with Rod Price added on lead guitar. The band was a radio staple in the 70s and 80s, producing such hits as Fool For The City, Slow Ride and I Just Wanna Make Love To You, but was best known for their energetic live shows. The 1977 album Foghat Live, which peaked at No. 11 on The Billboard 200, went double-platinum. Foghat reunited for various albums and tours in the years that followed.

Peverett was first diagnosed with cancer in 1998 after a tumor was found in his kidney and was removed. He had since undergone extensive chemotheraphy treatments, touring briefly with Foghat in support of their most recent release, 1998's Road Cases.

Peverett is survived by his wife Linda, his son Jason, daughters Lucy and Leighla, and one grandchild. A private service will be held for Peverett on Thursday, February 10. The family has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Checks can be mailed to:

St. Jude's Children's Hospital

501 St. Jude's Place

Memphis, TN. 38105

Sammy, the check's in the mail.

I don't want you, cook my bread,

I don't want you, make my bed,

I don't want your money too,

I just wanna make love to you.

I don't want you, be no slave,

I don't want you, work all day,

I don't want you to be sad and blue,

I can tell by the way that you baby talk,

I can see by the way that you switch and walk,

I can tell by the way that you treat your man,

But I could love you baby, it's a cryin' shame.

I don't want you, wash my clothes,

I don't want you, keep a home,

I don't want you to be true,

{Rod - Solo}

I don't want you, be no slave,

I don't want you, work all day,

I don't want you, keep a home,

I don't want you, wash my clothes,