Can a rocker be an idol?

Levis

i know most of us aren't very avid followers of american idol but i'm sure we're aware of the presence of two rockers in these final rounds. i'd just like to know everyone's opinion of them, their standing, their chances of success etc.

i found an article on vh1.com and i think this link should take you there in case you want to know a bit more

rock idols

personally i like them both. after all the sentimental emotional candyfloss i've come to expect, i always look forward to seeing these two perform. However i don't think they'll become the ultimate winners and i also hope they don't win. i don't think american idol is up to rock. however they have a huge fan base so i'm guessing they'll go pretty far.

American Idle = Big joke

You can rest assured that nothing good will ever come from there, so no need to worry if they'll select a "rocker." All of those hacks are interchangeable in the music biz: Punk #1, Rocker #3, Pop Singer #4, etc. The only redeeming value of this show are the trials, but the Gong show was better. Boioioioioioioiiiiing

American Idle = Big joke

You can rest assured that nothing good will ever come from there, so no need to worry if they'll select a "rocker." All of those hacks are interchangeable in the music biz: Punk #1, Rocker #3, Pop Singer #4, etc. The only redeeming value of this show are the trials, but the Gong show was better. Boioioioioioioiiiiing

who's #2?

WHO DOES #2 WORK FOR?!

William Hung is the best artist to ever come from that place just on name alone! The other guy who did the Madonna "Like A Virgin" demo was second best. I think he shoulda won

424753480080.jpg

The people have spoken!

all right people let's be clear about some things:

1. i am not asking you whether the show sucks or not... the answer is obvious

2. i am not asking you who the best/worst voice is on the show

3. i am not asking you to give away your true identity

4. i am not trying to get you to reveal that you have auditioned for the show

5 i am asking you what you think of these 2 rock ppl who turned up... why why WHY would they do that? WHY would anyone in a rock band who is actually capable of singing and has decent hair turn up at an audition for american idol? WHY would they degrade themselves? why choose amriki (american) idol as the platform to exhibit their talents? why why WHY??? that is basically what the first post meant except less tactfully stated... i am asking for OPINIONS!!!

• 2 weeks later...