ryansgirl319

I'm seeing a red blob with a face - is that what you just put up?

It may be that your old avatar is cached on your computer. Try emptying your cache and clearing out the temporary internet files. Let me know if that takes care of the problem.

I'm seeing a red blob with a face - is that what you just put up?

It may be that your old avatar is cached on your computer. Try emptying your cache and clearing out the temporary internet files. Let me know if that takes care of the problem.

I am trying to put up an R.E.M. album cover. I clean out my temporary internet files every day, and I don't even have the pic I have now on my computer.

It's not the size of the pic. I get some permission denied message. It's just a pic of an R.E.M. album cover, and I have never had this problem before.

I sent you a PM with an address, if you send me the image you are trying to uplad as your avatar I would be happy to help you.

Mike

Thanks Mike, but I changed to another, similar pic, and I got the same message but the pic took and is my avatar now.

Cool, glad you got it figured out. My daughter is going to teach me how to make "stuff" with PhotoShop 7.0?, she just made me my current Avatar, I asked her if she could incorporate an eclipesing moon gif I had (12 frames) into the Pink Floyd Pulse Cover photo along with the spectrum colors pulse graphic at the bottom and my internet "handle" at the top. I think it came out very nice. I can't wait to learn how to do this. Make animated gifs with image ready. By the way there are several online tutorials for this as well. Cool huh?

Mike

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to change my avatar as well. The image is under 80 X 80 and file size under 6K, but I keep getting this message:

Warning: copy(/Users/songfact/Sites/songfacts/ubbthreads/userimages/29065.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Users/songfact/Sites/songfacts/ubbthreads/changebasic.php on line 216

What do I do to change my avatar?