Does size matter?

Mike

Other message boards have the ability to resize fonts, is this possible with this Ubb board? It would be nice to have at least small, large, and larger (i.e. 1, 4, 7 seven point fonts) we don't need really big ones, must a couple would be nice.

Wudda ya thinks?

Mike

You should be able to change the font size in your browser settings, that's how I do it. The exact menu option varies from browser to browser, but for an example: on Internet Explorer on my Mac I go to the 'View' menu and then there's a 'Text Zoom' option that allows me to increase or decrease the font size to my liking.

Ohhhh, gotcha. That was very dense of me! Well, the boards don't have that command but you you can use html to increase the size and it's similar to the UBB code. Here's how:

< font size="+1">This text will be larger.< /font>

You can put any number 1, 2, 3... and it will increase incrementally. I put leading spaces afer the '<' so the code will display here, so remove the spaces to make it work: <font size="+1">This text will be larger.</font>

Edited: Oh no, it didn't work - it didn't read the html. I know the syntax is correct, but I've had this problem before. Sometimes I try to use html and the boards just don't read it, other times it works fine. Sorry, I've never figured out why. It's worth a try, it may work for you.

Ohhhh, gotcha. That was very dense of me! Well, the boards don't have that command but you you can use html to increase the size and it's similar to the UBB code. Here's how:

< font size="+1">This text will be larger.< /font>

You can put any number 1, 2, 3... and it will increase incrementally. I put leading spaces afer the '<' so the code will display here, so remove the spaces to make it work: <font size="+1">This text will be larger.</font>

Edited: Oh no, it didn't work - it didn't read the html. I know the syntax is correct, but I've had this problem before. Sometimes I try to use html and the boards just don't read it, other times it works fine. Sorry, I've never figured out why. It's worth a try, it may work for you.

<font size="+5">Nope, didn't work for me either</font>

Test ... This text will be larger. ... Test

I've been experimenting with size lately, but I've only made it work using bold or italicized text.

That works like this:

Test ... < B style="font-size:120%">This text will be larger.< /B> ... Test.

Take out the spaces after the < as in Sara's example.

Use capital B for bold, capital I for italics (I don't think it works with lower case).

Maybe somebody can show us how to apply this to standard text.