New Server

Carl

As a Red Sox fan, I know better than to celebrate before the final out, but it fills me with joy to report that Songfacts is now on its own server. We started the process a few months ago when it became clear we would need our own machine to handle all the traffic the site was getting. It was a major investment in both time and money, and the last few months have been tough - the site was often slow, the boards didn't always work, and we couldn't update the database nearly as often as we wanted to. It was like being on a sinking ship while trying to get the new vessel ready for sail. Through it all, you guys have been very supportive, which means more than you can imagine when Sara and I are plugging away at computer code in the wee hours of the night. We had help from some great people at Digital Forest, where we've hosted Songfacts since we went online in 1999.

Things are looking good as far as I can tell, but if you guys notice any problems, please bring them to our attention so we can fix any bugs we might not have caught. This deserves a banana. :happybanana:

Carl and Sara, I appreciate all the work you have done on the new server. You deserve the dreaded dancing banana. ::

What can we do to help you? I know that we can buy our music from Amazon using the link up top and we can click like mad-men and women on the underlined links, but is there anything else that would make your lives easier? Stop posting so many pictures? Would that help at all? Tell us what to do, oh great ones, and we will do it for you. :bow:

What can we do to help you? I know that we can buy our music from Amazon using the link up top and we can click like mad-men and women on the underlined links, but is there anything else that would make your lives easier? Stop posting so many pictures? Would that help at all? Tell us what to do, oh great ones, and we will do it for you. :bow:

TP, lemme borrow your words... I mean exactly the same!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, that´s hapening to me too...! :: That´s why I keep logged in while I´m working, I close the internet window and go to my word program to make my translations... We were having a joke about this with Kevin, he saw I was on line all the day when actually what I did was not quiting the web connection... I thought it was a lack of memory of my computer...

I noticed that the site is running very slow these days, and I have to login again each time. IThis is minor trouble really, but I wonder if it happens to someone alse or maybe it´s my connection which is not working as it should... :shades:

We did slow down at times this weekend, which in a strange way was good because we could look at our logs and try to figure out where the slow spots are. We made some tweaks today that should fix at least one problem. We'll keep an eye on things. :headphones: