Forum Phobias

_jr_

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not scared of anthills, or hate them, but the other day, I saw tons of ants on the sidewalk, tried to step around them, and then was afraid that a bunch of them had crawled into my shoe....

Giving anyone the creeps yet?

I'm not scared of anthills, or hate them either but the other day I was on the mountain with some friends and I walked on an anthill... and I had ants all over my legs, shoes, shirt, etc... :P :P

I sat near a red ant hill once. I must've f***ed their s**t up bad 'cause next thing I knew I was being stung to the point where I lost my sense of pain. No warning shot, no nuthin' - viciously stung, straight execution. I was rushed to the doc soon thereafter. Thankfully, I wasn't allergic to the red ant sting. The next day I had welts all over me arms and legs as if I had been severely beaten... and I guess I was.

I have common fears:

- fear of losing someone I love

- fear of pain and dying

- maybe fear of death (although I think it's more like fear of dying)

The one bona fide phobia I have is fear of rejection. I could probably get obsessive-compulsive and dwell on it and languish in the sick and nauseating gut feeling a rejection creates. I can psych myself into thinking someone I love has rejected me and tear up on the spot (e.g., like an actor). Thankfully, I don't care for that many people to get this way haha. It's weird - tres bizarre :beatnik:

• 2 weeks later...

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I

don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?

There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

Maybe it's a symptom of being 16 and having too much testosterone and not enough brains, but theres not much in particular that I'm really afraid of. Except centipedes. Eeeeuuuughghggh.

And long fingernails, but that's more of an intense dislike than fear.