Forum Phobias

_jr_

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, considering that various government organizations have carte blanche to collect any kinds of information that The State sees fit to collect, isn't a little Paranoia in order here? (Sorry to put a damper on this discussion, but a scene out of the original "1984" haunts me...When Winston Smith's fear of rats is used to break him.) So, as Charlie Brown said to Lucy..."That's It!" when she mentioned Pantophobia. (The fear of everything?) So, it's time to end this post and bid good day to the NSA monitors, wherever they may be... =:P

All right, all right... I'm back, I'll re-post. Maybe the disappearance was a sign... but how much can I hide from my Sf friends.

Bah.

I have paedophobia - fear of children... even those who may be just a few years younger than me.

I've had to say that out loud, TWICE?

They're pests. They're fine from a distance. A lot of them are even cute! And some of the REALLY cute ones I can take for around five minutes. But even when I see the most angelic ones, what goes through my mind is drool, diapers, and burping.

And the older ones - the 11-12 year olds. They are fighting for the pinnacle of pestiness with the 1-2 year olds.

A lot of people tell me to remember that I used to be one meself. Yea, well, that's how I know... first hand experience. I was a pest too!

Wait til they get to 16/17 and are trying to decide where they want to go in life, and hormones are running wild, and you work for a company who is trying to train them and get them into work...

Stressful and frustrating, but occasionally rewarding when someone really wants help. So many people I have been working with, have said openly that their parents are their role models, and later you find out that their parents have not worked since they gave birth, and claim benefits, largely totally fit for work, but the benefits system is so readily available to anybody, that a whole generation of children are being brought up with the idea that it's ok not to earn your money and if you're good enough at avoiding work, the government will eventually pay you for it.