KT Tunstall

Foxy

www.kttunstall.com

K T Tunstall is like a sweet, life-generating oasis in a pop desert of monotony... ?Eye to the Telescope? captures your affection from the first listen, but rather than fading away with each subsequent spin, there is depth here to draw it closer and closer to your heart. As soon as you hear the opening notes of ?Other Side of the World?, you feel a tingle of anticipation, and when K T Tunstall?s assured, rich voice compliments the music, you know this journey is destined to be something special. The anticipation turns to glee as ?Another Place to Fall? picks up the pace a little, and the haunting introduction builds into an almost euphoric chorus that is surely impossible to be unaffected by; it is outstanding. ?Suddenly I See? is a similarly hedonistic voyage into this territory, and benefits from the breakdown and climax halfway through. ?Universe & U? illustrates that KT has further dimensions to her musical persona; the song starts in fairly conventional fashion but the inclusion of electric guitar and some Hawkwind oriented psychedelia transforms it into something unique. And ?Through the Dark? provides a bluesy backdrop, and such is the malleability of her voice that the genre-bending goes virtually unnoticed.

The songs are strong. The album is intelligently paced, with a considerate regard for the listener throughout; the tempo varies enough to keep your interest but the changes are seamless. Her voice is strong, at times; gentle at times too, and always distinctive. And she is clearly in the possession of a large quotient of instrument talent too, showcasing her ability here on guitar and piano.

Overall, I can't take this CD out of my stereo... :headphones: :headphones: :headphones: :headphones:

Glad you like it! It's a really nice album, not often I like a whole album!

My favourite song is 'Silent Sea'

I love the way she sings the first two lines, maybe it's just the tune..

I was happy in my harbour

When you cut me loose

Floating on an ocean

And confused

Winds are whipping waves up

Like sky scrapers

And the harder they hit me

The less I seem to bruise

Oh when I

Find the controls

I?ll go where I like

I?ll know where I want to be

But maybe for now

I?ll stay right here

On a silent sea

On a silent sea

"Through The Dark" is also about coming out of a relationship, quite a poigniant song at the mo :: and the opening chords make me well up straight away.

Heres a link to the other lyrics.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...