Phil Spector's Wall of (gun fire) Sounds

RonJonSurfer

Phil Spector's History of Gun Misuse

Prosecutors have asked the judge presiding over Phil Spector's murder trial to permit evidence suggesting the legendary music producer has a history of threatening people with firearms.

The motion, which was filed last month, details nine occasions when Spector allegedly pointed a weapon at someone - including women he dated, singer Leonard Cohen and a television producer.

The Wall Of Sound icon is accused of shooting B-movie actress Lana Clarkson in February 2003 as she tried to leave his home in suburban Alhambra, California. Spector maintains his innocence, claiming she committed suicide.

According to court documents which were made public Monday, Spector allegedly put an arm around Cohen's shoulders while producing his 1977 album 'Death of a Ladies Man,' pointed a semiautomatic pistol at his chest and said, "I love you, Leonard."

The prosecution listed five occasions when the 65-year-old allegedly pulled guns on women, three of whom testified at the grand jury hearing leading to his indictment.

In 1972 Spector was sentenced to a year's probation after pleading guilty to carrying a loaded gun in a public place. In 1975 he was given a further two years' probation after admitting brandishing a weapon.

Superior Court Judge Larry P. Fidler is expected to rule on the motion May 23, while Spector's trial is scheduled to begin on September 16.

No matter what happens in the courts recently,

here's an appreciation...

_ _ _ _ _

Do I love you my oh my

River deep, mountain high

:bow:

River Deep-Mountain High

(p. spector, barry, greenwich)

Producer: phil spector

When I was a little girl I had a rag doll

The only doll I?ve ever owned

Now I love you just the way I loved that rag doll

But only now my love has grown

And it gets stronger in every way

And it gets deeper let me say

And it gets higher day by day

Do I love you my oh my

If I lost you would I cry

Oh how I love you baby, baby, baby, baby

When you were a young boy did you have a puppy

That always followed you around

Well I?m gonna be as faithful as that puppy

No I?ll never let you down

Cause it goes on and on like a river flows

And it gets bigger baby and heaven knows

And it gets sweeter baby as it grows

Do I love you my oh my

If I lost you would I cry

Oh how I love you baby, baby, baby, baby

I love you baby like a flower loves the spring

And I love you baby like a robin loves to sing

And I love you baby like a schoolboy loves his bag

And I love you baby river deep mountain high

Phil Spector pulled a gun on The Ramones too. When he was producing their album 'End Of The Century':

In the control room at Gold Star Studios, where the volume was as high at 130 decibels, Spector gestured wildly at engineer Larry Levine (it was too loud in there for talking). Levine in turn communicated Spector's directions to The Ramones: "Do it again." "Can you do it again?" "Do it again." Johnny Ramone finally answered "no" after Spector made him play the opening chord of 'Rock n' Roll Highschool' for, by Johnny's count, ten hours. Johnny then said he was leaving. "Phil says you're not going anywhere" Johnny recalls. "I said, what are you going to do, shoot me?" As it turns out this was a very real threat. At one point during the sessions, Spector pulled heat on Dee Dee Ramone during a visit to the producer's mansion.

- David Fricke