Update on recent events and new server

Carl

Hello Everyone. Here's a brief rundown on what's going on with the site:

We're trying to get everything running on the new server while keeping the site running on the existing server. This involves a lot of challenges because there is a lot of data to move from one server to another, and if we miss a setting or put a file in the wrong place, things can get ugly. We'd like to make the transition as seamless as possible, and I've been in discussions with people significantly smarter than I am about how to do it.

For the last few days, the existing server has been acting up, which has used up some of our resources but made it clear that moving to our own machine is definitely the way to go. Over the next week or so there might be some disruptions, but Songfacts will soon be much faster, more stable and able to handle loads of traffic. We're going to do this right, and when we're finished, I will dance like the banana.

I double dog dare you.

And the only person signifigantly smater than you is Sara. LOLOL.

True, getting in here has been hit or miss lately, but hey, it's a small thing, compared to all the work you guys put into this place. People should keep that in mind when they start cussing. LOL.

Hello Everyone. Here's a brief rundown on what's going on with the site:

We're trying to get everything running on the new server while keeping the site running on the existing server. This involves a lot of challenges because there is a lot of data to move from one server to another, and if we miss a setting or put a file in the wrong place, things can get ugly. We'd like to make the transition as seamless as possible, and I've been in discussions with people significantly smarter than I am about how to do it.

For the last few days, the existing server has been acting up, which has used up some of our resources but made it clear that moving to our own machine is definitely the way to go. Over the next week or so there might be some disruptions, but Songfacts will soon be much faster, more stable and able to handle loads of traffic. We're going to do this right, and when we're finished, I will dance like the banana.

Hey Carl,

I got the champagne on ice. In the words of Han Solo,

"You're all clear kid, now lets blow this thing and go home!"