New Happenings - Don't fear the double underlines!

Sara

Hi everyone,

We are trying a new form of advertising on the message boards called IntelliTXT. IntelliTXT finds and double underlines words in the posts and links them to relevant advertising. The ads delivered will be music related and hopefully will provide useful info & services for our users. There is additional info below and we will be tweaking the program to ensure it does not interfere with your enjoyment of the boards. Please let us know what you think! Thanks :)

Here's some more info:

IntelliTXT is not SPYWARE

IntelliTXT is integrated on the website you?re visiting and not your computer. This technology does not collect personal information or require any form of software to be downloaded.

What is IntelliTXT?

It is a third-party technology created and distributed through Vibrant Media Incorporated, developed to locate keywords & phrases found within text and link them to relevant commercial information. IntelliTXT is identified with a double-underline and all corresponding text ads are clearly marked with ?Advertisement? or ?Sponsored Link?.

Integrity

IntelliTXT is implemented in real-time and deployed after the article has been published by the editorial team. This is an automated process that cannot influence, or be influenced by the Editorial Team at CHUD or any other partner publication. Vibrant Media is an active member of the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB). Please click here to review Vibrant Media?s IntelliTXT Guidelines and Standards.

How do I use IntelliTXT?

1) Mouse over a double-underlined word or phrase to display a ?Tooltip? containing a relevant advertiser description.

2) For further information, click inside the ?Tooltip? to go to the advertiser website.

3) If you don?t come across a keyword or phrase of interest, simply ignore the double-underlined words and continue your reading session with no interruptions.

This'll be interesting!

I've use a couple of other forums that used IntelliTXT (or similar) and it caused a load of hassle, with the links leading to very strange things, and the double lines distracting away from the content of the post. Posting just tailed off.

Hopefully it'll work! :)

Please let us know what you think!

It tends to emphasize points the poster may not want to emphasize. Seems kind of hard to ignore. I guess it could be useful at some times, but it comes across as a not always welcomed salespitch (like a second cousin to a 'pop-up').

If this program is terrible, we'll drop it after the trial period, but please give it a chance. Here are some things you should know:

Many advertising programs on the web will accept pretty much any site, and it reflects in the ads (think pop-ups and Punch The Monkey). These guys took a week to review our site and make sure we hold high standards.

The links should be relevant to the posts and focused on music. It could be a good way of learning more about a particular subject.

Our new server was pretty expensive. :)

If the links are only music-related, I can't see any harm in it at all on a music site. If it were to cross over to every second or third word being underlined, that would get very distracting. If it leads a poster to something interesting and relevent, I can't see it being a downside and it will help pay for the new server which must cost Carl and Sara a fortune :thumbsup:

Yup, it doesn't work on macs. :)

Oh, that´s why I can´t see it...! I´m curious, I´ll try to get in SF on the PC but it didn´t let me log nor register nor post nor open nor nothing lately...

Peaches, will you double click for me, please? I got mac!!!

I just hope it doesn't slow down navigation of the threads

I noticed it´s running slow, but I don´t think it´s due to this... I hope not...

well, sometimes it goes so speedy and others you can´t even get in...

Here's an excerpt from one of the FEW posts I've managed to make today - posted before I read the updates on this thread.

"We might have to make it that everyone gets a point for actually getting into the thread. Funny how it's gotten slowwwwer since the GREEN DEATH . I'm all for advertising, but if that is what's slowing the Site down - well, you can advertise all you want, but it's useless if there's no one there to see it !"

:thumbsdown:

See You Later Alligator !

Well, it's been a few days.

You put me down in the 'I like them' column.

It's a lot easier to access if you're interested in something. If there's a discussion going on about an artist you're not familiar with, you can take a look from right there where you are.

There was a server meltdown today that required the hosting company to scramble the engineers.

Good thinking Carl. They must have been bad eggs. ::

OK, I for one will fully support the advertising if that's not a factor in the speed of the Site, BUT it's still Very Slow as I type this ! :shades:

Can somebody please tell me in which thread&post I can find a double underlined name? I got a mac and I can´t se it, but I can get into my husband´s PC and I want to click!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :googly: :googly: :googly: :googly: Thank you!! :thumbsup:

It´s going very slow, yes... but that´s better than no running at all...