The Mars Volta

Is that about the Journal that the dead bass player found in the trunk of the car he reposessed? My friend is a huge fan, and is always telling me all about them. He lent me Deloused In The Comatorium today. I liked it, some parts were better than others though. I really find their concepts interesting. My favorite song on it is Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt.

• 2 years later...

They play prog-metal, sort of. Maybe I'd just define them as prog, actually. It's very intense and has a lot of spanish influence. Their albums are generally rock operas.

They're pretty good and talented but most of the time they are just too much for me. A little bit too over the top, perhaps.

Yeah, that was a very good description Batman. They have a wide range of influences from prog to punk I'd say. Lots of spanish sounds and lots of extended jams. Yes, they are certainly over the top, but that's part of prog rock (just look at Karn Evil 9 or Supper's Ready). Anyways, they're one of the few recent progressive bands I've heard and liked. In fact, they're one of the few recent bands in general that I've heard and liked.