Your music dream job?

Costellogirl75

If you could have any job in anything relating to music, what would it be?

For me I would either want to be a DJ at an independent radio station so I can play what ever songs I want,(like I'd play Kiss, then The Go-Go's, just a very eclectic mix of music) when ever I want and I could give trivia and have people call in and answer polls.

My second dream music job would be as a curator at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum. I would love to design exhibits about the British Invasion and 1960's girl groups.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow tough decision!

I would like to produce music videos! I have no skills in the job, but too many times I just see music videos that don?t own up to the original creativity in the song. And in every one of these situations, I feel I could have done a better job than 'that'.

• 3 months later...

I?d like to get into something productive, such as engineering. It would be a wonder being behind the scenes of a great album?s accomplishment & work along side the producer. It would take quite a bit of knowledge to know how to work the controls, but with the proper degree, it would be possible.

I want to be a session bassist, and maybe move into my own solo career. I'm also a singer/songwriter and can play the piano as well as bass guitar (and guitar, flute, autoharp and harmonica). 3 of my songs are in the Creative Writing forum here. My piano teacher says I have what it takes to make it as a solo artist.

But before I look into that I want to play clubs/bars etc with my band or by myself on piano during college for my job at that time, after leaving my father's home improvement buisness.

I'd like to be "President of Music".

First thing I'd do is fire anyone with a tie, and hire 16-18 year old kids to send me weekly reports on what's hot at their school.

I'd make it mandatory to wear concert tees on friday.

Mostly, I'd pay attention to the music, something that doesn't get done today.

And if I couldn't do that, I'd like to be the guy that holds the flash light as the band goes on stage. :coolio:

What have you all got against ties!? I would like to be the Keyboard (because keyboard is so much better than piano) player for a band. Like a band that makes it big, so that could be my living. I would also like to write a lot of the songs. I have always thought it would be my dream to do a complete cover of The Wall. I also think it would be cool to do a concert of Jesus Christ Superstar.

From the Credit Where Credit Is Due Police (Bo Diddley Squad):

bluesboy,

My message board 'preferences' are usually set to not view other user's signatures with their posts, but when I recently took a look I saw that in your signature you had attributed lyrics from Who Do You Love? to George Thorogood.

As one reviewer put it, George has "excellent taste in covers". Unlike some artists, Thorogood is scrupulous about naming the original sources (<).

To my dismay, I've discovered that just a few days ago (August 26, 2004) George Thorogood & The Destroyers played in concert with Bo Diddley at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga, CA.

There is an excellent photo of Thorogood and Bo Diddley together in the booklet with Thorogood's "Baddest" CD.

who.jpg

bazooka,

I know it's Bo Diddley. The first few days I had that signature up, I put Bo Diddley as the author. But as time went along and that tv commercial kept playing, I decided to switch over to George Thorogood. I guess that was the Wrong thing to do. I Always go to a musical resource site and verify Everything before I submit a post and look stupid with the wrong information. The original author is Bo Diddley.

Edited by Guest

I Always go to a musical resource site and verify Everything before I submit a post

bluesboy,

I was just needling you.

I've been having fun championing the cause of Bo Diddley as "The Originator" (see the Picture Wars thread, for instance) and joking around with these Credit.. Police citations on these boards.

It was also an opportunity to bump this interesting thread.

I hope I haven't ruined my shot at an internship.

A great Thorogood version of Who Do You Love? really got my attention on the radio last week.

Ronnie Hawkins does a cover in The Last Waltz movie with The Band.

And one whole side of Quicksilver's "Happy Trails" album (1969) is a spaced-out jam based on this Bo Diddley song.

I would be the president of some HUGE recording company and lower the prices of their cd's. And if you wore a eithewr songfacts boxers, t-shirt, or thong you get into concerts free and get free cd's. I would tour with all the decent bands and buy out crappy bands record companies and fire them all. It would be nice to see Britney Spears doing a pub concert!

I would love to be a DJ on a classic rock station. I would play a lot of obscure stuff by the great bands...you know, the songs you rarely, if ever, hear on the radio. Not just the same old boring tunes. This way, the listeners would actually get to form their own opinions of how great a rock band really is. Some people say a band sucks because of the two or three songs they've heard on the radio a million and one times, but have never heard the rest of their stuff. I've done it myself. Usually, the stuff you hear on the radio is far, far from the band's best material. There's a station in my area - it's okay, but the songs they play are soooo predictable. They play four songs by the Kinks - "Lola", "Destroyer", "All Day and All the Night", and "You Really Got Me". I don't know if they realize that the Kinks have some FOUR HUNDRED other songs in their anthology. It just makes me sick! I wanna hear stuff like "Sleepwalker", "20th Century Man", "The Hard Way", "Misfits", "Rosie Won't You Please Come Home", "National Health", "Prince of the Punks"....that kind of stuff. They do the same thing with the Stones' the Beatles', the Who, even Zeppelin. They play about ten different songs by these bands. If I weren't too well schooled in rock 'n' roll, I would think that Def Leppard has more albums than Bob Dylan.

These young DJ's get jobs at classic rock stations but they're brought up on pop crap and newer rock, and they don't have a clue what the older bands play. They know about four songs by each band (Kinks, case in point). So, they can they talk a good game; big f***in' deal. I wanna hear the music, not the DJ. Play the tunes, play the commercials (only because they have to). The DJ should be secondary; you should only hear him telling you the names of the songs and who sings them. And now, they have the music recognition system that tells you the names of the tunes right on your radio. The DJ hardly even has to do that anymore.

All I want is a few f***in' hours a week. That would be so cool! Anybody out there own a radio station? Help me out, Dude! Hear my plea!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: