Cheryl Dilcher

windy1

Well Joe I guess you could consider her a little jazzed up version of Joni Mitchell. She played acoustic guitar, 6 and 12 string. She was great, but came out at a time when electric music was at the forefront (1973), so she didn't sell. Her biggest hit "High" was on the Butterfly album. The cover had (what else ) a big butterfly. I was just wondering if I am the only person on earth who remembers her or appreciates her. ::

• 2 weeks later...

Cheryl Dilcher was an early 70's singer/songwriter. Her music was considered folkish, much acoustic accompanyment with some electric guitar to reflect the era. She cut a few records, among them "Butterfly" and "Blue Sailor." I still have a vinyl copy of each. Butterfly was early like 69-70, and the LP jacket opened up to typical psychadelic art around the theme of butterflys. She's even wearing a butterfly mask in one shot. I believe Butterfly made the charts with the hit "High".. a EXCELLENT mystic sounding song about a woman's desire for a man she loves whose aura "makes me high..." Contains a unique transition from Electric Guitar to Acoustic Piano. Radio station KSHE-95 in St. Louis lists "High" among their most treasured "Classic Rock" recordings. Butterfly was also released in a studio version with entirely different art for distribution to radio stations. It had a MUCH better photo of Cheryl & friends on the back. EXTREMELY rare if you can find it, I only know of one copy in existence owned by an ex DJ in Kansas City. Blue Sailor was mid 70's, mostly love songs, etc. Was not nearly as popular as Butterfly. Very bad picture of her on the cover. You can also find a recording named "Hippie Goddesses" which containes one of her songs. Nobody seems to know what happened to her... if she gigged again somewhere I'd go see her.

Sfsound....at last!! not only someone who knows and appreciates her(she was great, and for the guys, she was hot!). You also know of KSHE! Only the greatest rock station in exsistence. At least they used to be, until the big corporate guys decided to mess with the local stations and thier formats.

The Butterfly album cover was beautiful, and I would so like to own a copy of that album. Gotta check Amazon. Thanks for affirming that I'm not nuts guys!!

Sfsound....at last!! not only someone who knows and appreciates her(she was great, and for the guys, she was hot!). You also know of KSHE! Only the greatest rock station in exsistence. At least they used to be, until the big corporate guys decided to mess with the local stations and thier formats.

The Butterfly album cover was beautiful, and I would so like to own a copy of that album. Gotta check Amazon. Thanks for affirming that I'm not nuts guys!!

Oh by the way, Welcome to sfsound, stick around and have fun!

And...Bluesy, I love your sig. Taj Mahal!!!!