Jimi Hendrix's Drug Abuse.

Karhul

I think the standard way to "drop" it is to put a paper tab on your tounge. Although I think in the 60s it was possibly around in pill form? (Edna, can you help confirm this?)

I was going to say "why do you ask ME?"! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually, what they in did in the 60´s was the LSD drop in the sugar cube... In the 70´s there was "green vulcanoes", "pink floyd", "purple haze", all these were names of acid.."window panes", kind of tiny pieces of jelly, or cone shaped pills, purple, yellow, whatever. Or small pieces of paper where they dropped acid... you also had very small pictures on a paper, "superman", "tatoo"... and they did it in America, in Switzerland, in Holland, wherever... I dunno how it is now, last time for me was more than twenty years ago... well, if you want me to talk about my past, we can open a thread!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Drug abuse, indeed. =:P

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I love these people... :happybanana:

Besides, I believe we discussed that some time ago in this forum...

I am still embarrassed to say I started that argument with Cyberdemon a while back. I said "Hendrix wasn't as good live because he may have been taking LSD before a show." To which CD replied "may have?" And to try to back up what I now realize seems ridiculous, I said "well, he might not have taken it, just put it in his headband." Now I see that it was a pretty stupid thing to say (sorry Karhul!) and there is no way he could play as good as he did if he was on acid. I saw a video of him playing live, by the way, I think he messed up alot because his eyes were closed. Also, sometimes on the album it sounds like he's just hitting random strings, but he's actually breaking the guitar or lighting it on fire or something.

BluesBoy, great site about LSD... In few pages they explain mostly all about it... there´s even a pic of some trips on paper! I had many books about it when I was interested in the question but this "résumé" is very good.

Now, I wonder if they still make REAL acid these days... I read on a report that the laboratories where people used to make LSD were lately the same where they make XTC and other modern drugs, which I never took nor am interested about.

Phencyclidine (PCP) is readily absorbed into your skin. It acts as a hallucinogen, stimulant, depressant, and anesthetic---all at the same time. Very nasty stuff that goes in and out of style where I work. It comes in powder, pill or liquid form, liquid being the most popular. Cigarettes (sherms) and joints (supercools) are dipped in the PCP then smoked. The smell is kind of like ether, but PCP has it's own smell. If you do get a whiff, be prepared for a bad headache that will last about 10-15 hours.

Abuse of PCP seemed to peak in the late 1970s. It has occasional resurgence in abuse. Today, the usual route of administration is smoking, often as an additive to marijuana cigarettes. Because it is inexpensive to produce, PCP is sometimes sold on the streets as delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in marijuana; lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD); or other exotic designer hallucinogens. PCP can be smoked, ingested as a pill, snorted intranasally, or injected intravenously.

PCP first came to the attention of emergency department physicians and psychiatric emergency room physicians in California and New York during the 1960s. At that time, it was ingested in pill form (the "PeaCePill"). During the early 1970s, PCP became available as a white powder, which could also be put into a solution. It could then be insufflated, ingested, or smoked on tobacco or marijuana, or even on mint leaves, parsley, or other leafy materials. The creation of this powdered form led to an increase in use during the 1970s.

Since then, the level of use has waxed and waned. An increase in indicators of use occurred from 1972 to the late 1970s, and then a decline in use occurred until the early 1980s, when use once again increased. Since then, use has declined again. Historically, PCP has gone by many street names, including angel dust, crystal, hog, krystal joint (KJ), mintweed, supergrass, killer weed, embalming fluid, ozone, and rocket fuel. Some of these street names obviously refer to the combination of PCP and marijuana. When PCP is combined with cocaine, the resultant concoction is sometimes called "space base" or "tragic magic."

I found that info on a medical site... seems PCP is what we knew as "angel dust". It makes people behave like schyzophrenics... brrrr!