Jimi Hendrix's Drug Abuse.

Karhul

My frind Sean told me today that before Jimi Hendrix would go on stage, he would soak his bandanas with a liquid drug called "acid". It's a drug that gets you high. So when he was on stage, he would eventually sweat and the drug would sink into his skin and he would would get high and have loads of energy. That's why he would always wear bandanas. Just thought that you would all like to know.

Any thoughts on this?.

Look dude, if Hendrix really was goin' on an acid trip during performances, he would not have been able to play guitar, period. Acid does not give you 'loads of energy' and saying that it gets you 'high' doesn't really describe it either, acid (LSD) is a hallucigen, so in other words it makes you see some f***ed up crazy ____, now when someone goes on an acid trip, they are unresponsive and uncontrollable, so that is not the state in which to play guitar. For example Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd was a 'acid casuality' he experimented with the drug so much that even when he wasn't 'high' his brain was still fried, it was so bad that he would refuse to play guitar on stage (and this was when he was not 'high' mind you)

and the final flaw to that rumor is the 'soaking his bandana' if you were to get a hold to a bucket of acid and were to soak something in it, you would go psychotic right on the spot, considering that most of the time when someone does acid they do a 'hit' of it which is approximately this big------> ( ).

By the way, they don´t make acid anymore, at least not the one there was in those days... so if ever you have the idea of having that experience, forget about it, you´ll get speed instead, if not something worse... Besides, I believe we discussed that some time ago in this forum...

It´s 100% impossible to take drugs through a bandana, NO WAY, besides it´s a waste... unless you drop it into acid and then you cut the bandana in little pieces and each one would be a trip and you sell them and earn lotsa money... and you can also soak it with a liquid cocaine stuff and then, through a complicated chemical process, get coke back again. Bandanas are just good to make a tourniquet on tour arm if you want to shoot drug. As what refers to drugs, sure...

Yes, I know. And you´d be right...

I´m really concerned about myths about drugs rather than drug itself... I´ve seen people do such incredible things like smoking an anti-asmathic stuff or making tea with plants they didn´t even know waht it was... and they surelly had chance to survive, when they did...

It´s 100% impossible to take drugs through a bandana, NO WAY, besides it´s a waste... unless you drop it into acid and then you cut the bandana in little pieces and each one would be a trip and you sell them and earn lotsa money... and you can also soak it with a liquid cocaine stuff and then, through a complicated chemical process, get coke back again. Bandanas are just good to make a tourniquet on tour arm if you want to shoot drug. As what refers to drugs, sure...

There is a logical explanation!!. As I already said, he would dip (a more accurate word than soak) the bandana into acid, then tie it on his head. And when he was on stage he would sweat after a while and the acid would go on his face and sink into it. But not alot of it, just enough to get him high.

Drugs do not act like osmosis. You can't soak them through your skin.

Actually, you can absorb LSD through your skin but it takes an insane amount. That's how Albert Hofmann accidentally dosed himself the first time.

But remember when we were kids and our parents were freaked out about temporary tattoos because of the persistent rumour that someone was putting acid in them? That's highly unlikely because of the large (and expensive) amount it would have taken for just one dose.

Anyway, LSD is more readily absorbed by the muscous membranes in the mouth, eyes and nose. I think the standard way to "drop" it is to put a paper tab on your tounge. Although I think in the 60s it was possibly around in pill form? (Edna, can you help confirm this?)

Actually, you can absorb LSD through your skin but it takes an insane amount.

That's what I was really referring to. Can you imagine what a guitar would look like if you were tripping on acid? It would probably grow feet and eyes and a mouth and start playing itself while eating your arm and walking around on stage. Interesting...