Coldplay: "No one likes us, we do care"

Foxy

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has decried the negative press the group have received recently: mostly at the hands of the tabloids.

The singer, who is married to Hollywood star Gwyneth Paltrow, told Radio One: "We've been away for so long now and the only public feedback we get is tabloid gossip, which is generally vitriolic. So at this point we feel so unpopular and so out of the loop.

"The only people we've met who have anything to do with Coldplay have been in our faces and trying to take our picture, people who generally don't like us."

Coldplay are currently putting the finishing touches to their phenomenally successful album Blood To The Head. It is due for release in June. The band will tour through the summer in support of the album.

"It seems surreal that we're going to play concerts again because I haven't met anyone who likes us for two years," Martin said. "Quite where these people are going to come from, I'm not sure. But I hope they're out there somewhere."

The deeply unpopular Coldplay went multi-platinum with their last album.

Coldplay are currently putting the finishing touches to their phenomenally successful album Blood To The Head. It is due for release in June. The band will tour through the summer in support of the album.

Huh??? They released that almost 2 years ago, right??? :: What's going on here?

We don't like success in this country. The media thrives on 'bigging' people up to knock them down again, and as far as I can tell Coldplay don't court publicity (except as supporters of Fair Trade), so the media see them as fair game nowadays.

The 'No one likes us, we do care' headline is a play on the old Millwall FC chant 'No one likes us, we don't care', which is a little inappropriate in this context IMO!

Regards