Remake of "(Whenever You Call Me) I'll Be There"

NightOwl

Hiya Fellow Music Lovers,

There was a car commercial not too long ago...maybe two or three years. I think it was for Mitsubishi. Anyway they played the song "(Whenever You Call Me) I'll Be There"...but it was a remake. More upbeat and modern. Does anyone know who sings it or where I might be able to find it?

-- Jessica --

There was a car commercial not too long ago...maybe two or three years. I think it was for Mitsubishi. Anyway they played the song "(Whenever You Call Me) I'll Be There"...but it was a remake. More upbeat and modern. Does anyone know who sings it or where I might be able to find it?

-- Jessica --

The only group that I know that sung that song were the Spinners. The lyrics are as follows:

This is our fork in the road

Love's last episode

There's nowhere to go, oh no

You made your choice

Now it's up to me

To bow out gracefully

Though you hold the key but baby

Chorus:

Whenever you call me I'll be there

Whenever you want me I'll be there

Whenever you need me I'll be there

I'll be around

Verse 2:

I knew just what to say

Now I found out today

All the words had slipped away but I know

There's always a chance

A tiny spark will remain

And sparks turn into flames

And love can burn once again

Whenever you call me I'll be there

Whenever you want me I'll be there

Whenever you need me I'll be there

I'll be around

Hope this helped. :thumbsup:

-- Jessica --

The song is actually called "I'll Be Around" and it is by The Spinners. They released the song in 1972.

The song was used in the General Motors commercial back in 2002. It wasn't Mitsubishi.

Ameriquest Financial also used the song in their commercial this past summer.

There was a sorta remake of this song made by a male rapper called Rappin' 4-Tay.

It was released on his 1994 album release Don't Fight The Feelin' and the song sampled The Spinner's I'll Be Around while he did his rappin' and then the chorus from the song.

Here's a 30 second sample of the Spinners version.

"I'll Be Around - The Spinners

Here's a 30 second clip of Rappin' 4-Tay's version.

"I'll Be Around" - Rappin' 4-Tay

I'm not sure if they used the chorus part from the Spinner's version or Rapper 4-Tay's version in the commercial, but here are links to both albums on Amazon.com

Very Best Of The Spinners - amazon.com

Rappin' 4-Tay - Don't Fight The Feelin' - amazon.com

Thank You: ThatGirl and Brad.

I appreciate your help on this. Unfortunately the Rappin' -4Tay song isn't the one that I heard in the commercial, Brad. Also, thanks for the information on which car commercial it was and the year. And you're right about the song title as well.

I'm still on the look-out. Hopefully I'll manage to find it. :)

Thanks again!

--Jessica--