best MUSIC BASED movies

Batman

IMO, Airheads was the funniest music movie, even though it didn't really take focus on music (it mostly kept it as the background) as much as it did with the plot of hostage negotiation. Of course the reality of the movie was, that a band with that much lack of talent, chemistry, & charisma would never score so big on the charts, despite the publicity stunt.

The beginning scene in Ghost Ship. For anyone who hasn't seen it, this is one of the greatest scene's in cinematic history, in my opinion.
Lol yeah. But man, could they have showed him naked any more? I liked the part for comfortably numb. And right before it when he shaves everything.

What about the music in 'Lost in Translation'? Kevin Sheilds (My Bloody Valentine) had a lot to do with that including writing new stuff, which he hasn't done for years. And to end a film with 'Just Like Honey'.... that was a magic moment for me!

Yeah, but Lost In Translation wasn't based on the music industry nor was it a musical (unless you count the karaoke session :: ).

True, but there are some films which are made just that much better by the music, when they pick that perfect track which just makes the scene (or the film), and you totally connect the film and the song... Like Blister in the Sun, in Gross Point Blanke - yeh, I know that's not a music film either - sorry!

I liked the Buddy Holly Story where Gary Busey plays him. I also like Grease despite how many times I've seen it. I still love it. Oh yea and when i was a little girl i was obsessed with this Johnny Depp movie "Cry Baby". It was a musical and Johnny Depp was the lead singer of this band. Did anyone else see that. I dont know anyone who has but I used to be in love with that movie. Of course when i watch it now i wonder how i ever sat through it.