George Michael and Rod Stewart songs

Carl

Since I caused them so much difficulty when I was a kid, I tend to help out teachers whenever I can now. If anyone can help with this, I'll email her back with some info:

Hi. I'm Patricia and I use songs to teach English. I believe songs are marvellous tools in ESL.

I'm using one of George Michael's songs which I believe is not in your index. The song is "The Strangest Thing". There's another song which I haven't found in your site. It's Rod Stewart's "I don't want to talk about it". I'd appreciate if you could give me any information on these songs.

'I don't want to talk about it' was a late 70s double a-side No. 1 in the UK, together with 'The first cut is the deepest'

Rodney at his absolute best. Those songs are so personal to me that I have to switch the radio off when they come on.

Regards

What I found was that the Rod Stewart track is a Danny Whitten cover.

Most of us associate the song with Rod as though he was the original artist, but this was one of Rod's many covers. It was originally recorded by 'Crazy Horse' (one time Neil Young backing band) for their eponymous debut album in 1971, and written by band vocalist Danny Whitten. Unfortunately, Danny didn't live to see how popular his song became, he died of a self-induced drug overdose in 1972.

This was Rod Stewart's fourth number one. "I Don't Want To Talk About It" was taken from his 1975 album "Atlantic Crossing"