Ok Best Endings--what about the WORST Endings?

lucylooloo

i hate it when films end well, when everything is "hollywoodised" and there is a cheasy happy ending.

some examples i can think of : armagedon, pearl harbour, minority report

I'm thinking... the remake of Spoorloos (a.k.a. The Vanishing) with Kiefer Sutherland, Jeff Bridges, and Sandra Bullock.

the worst ended movies. i would have to say...

Lord of The Rings, i love the trilogy but i didnt like how it ended with Frodo leaving...i dont frodo...nope not at all :beatnik:

i think they should have just ended it with him going off on the ship...but they shouldnt have added the sam thing of him goin back home to his wife.

• 1 month later...

i think they should have just ended it with him going off on the ship...but they shouldnt have added the sam thing of him goin back home to his wife.

Ok remember these movies were based off BOOKS, so they had to end like the BOOKS did. Incredible books, great movies.

hahha, i just watched that movie today, great movie. the woman that was from the cast and warned truman then was thrown out i think looks a lot like Celine Dion

Everytime I see her in a movie, I feel she looks like Meryl Streep's younger sister. Just saw her in Devil's Own with Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford. She was great in that movie.

As for bad endings, I loved the movie Groundhog Day, but the last 3 minutes were just, like, thrown at the viewer. It ended so badly in comparison to the way it played so seamlessly throughout.

Ok remember these movies were based off BOOKS, so they had to end like the BOOKS did. Incredible books, great movies.

I was going to point that out too ~ people who love LOTR must surely agree the film was true to the book and incredibly well done.

I've actually yet to read or watch the final LOTR, and have managed to avoid finding out how its ended for so long now, that was until lucyloo posted the ending... :doh:

• 1 month later...

"A.I.:Artificial Intelligence" should have opted for a "European ending," instead of the "Hollywood ending." A powerful statement about yearning and solitude was diluted with an artificial embrace by an artifical parent. But then, people didn't like that "Pay It Forward" ended in "European fashion" did they? :beatnik:

• 1 month later...

I was going to point that out too ~ people who love LOTR must surely agree the film was true to the book and incredibly well done.

I've actually yet to read or watch the final LOTR, and have managed to avoid finding out how its ended for so long now, that was until lucyloo posted the ending... :doh:

sorry foxy but if you haven't seen or read the 3rd installment then stop reading here

the end of return of the king was the biggest dissapointment i've yet to see with a movie they got it all wrong 1st saurmon wasn't stab in the back by wormtongue on the top of his tower, he was allowed to go free by gandalf and left with wormtongue.(skip to the end of movie ) the hobbits DID NOT return home to find it as it was when they left, they returned home to find it in ruins(i personally think that this ending that tolkien wrote was very important as it showed you how much the hobbits had changed on their journey). They find that half the hobbits have disappeared and that the other half where living in fear as a group of humans had moved in and taken over the town. they end up raising the shire and freeing the hobbits that had disappeared and chasing of the humans. they find out that the human leader is saurmon and force him to leave at which point wormtounge stabs him in the back.Frodo then goes on to write he's book merry and pippin form a gaurd and patrol the shire ans sam uses he's gift from the elf queen(A tin of pure elvish soil) to rebuild the shire(He puts a single grain of dirt in the soil with each tree he plants)and then scatters the rest to the wind when he's done turning the shire into the most beautiful place outside of elvish lands. Then comes the part when frodo leaves they suffed up the end by not putting that in and ruined the movie for any true LOTRs fans