Guess Who!

edna

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are some crappy montreal ska band... but i cant remember their name.

well, I'm gonna give you 3 points, because you basically guessed it and I don't think anyone else was gonna get it. They are The Planet Smashers, and yes they are "ska" and from the Montreal area.

Standings:

earth-angel: 26

brad: 15

edna: 1

syd: 8

Whose this guy?

119%20Tutu.jpg

good job syd :thumbsup:

It looks like him and there's a fiddle player in the background.

Is it Dexy's Midnight Runners?

Musical Interlude:

Come on Eileen,

I swear (well he means) At this moment you mean everything,

With you in that dress my thoughts I confess verge on dirty

Ah come on Eileen.

Yeah, I wasn't even aware he died! Was this recently? I'm not an Alice in Chains fan so I don't know...

Layne Stanley dies

2002-04-23

Heroin was found in the blood of Alice in Chains front-man Layne Staley, Seattle police have confirmed.

The 34-year old singer and guitarist was found dead on Friday at his flat in Seattle.

He had been dead for two weeks before a relative discovered him.

A number of items connected with heroin were found at the scene, the suggestion being an overdose as the likely cause of death.

As a result, there will be no criminal investigation, with detectives not suspecting any element of foul play.

Fans have been leaving bouquets of flowers and gifts at the foot of the building where Staley lived, and more than a hundred held a candlelit vigil by the Seattle Centre.

This is the same venue that hosted the public mourning in the wake of Kurt Cobain.

Alice in Chains? seven albums (including a Billboard number 1 in 1995), helped to establish Seattle as the home of Grunge, along with the likes of Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

Staley?s surviving bandmates have also commented for the first time about their front-man?s death.

Drummer Sean Kinney admitted the Grunge star's death had 'broken his heart'.

Staley had been battling against drugs for a number of years, having been in rehab in the mid 1990s, and losing his girlfriend to narcotics more recently.

Staley?s gruff vocals and inventive guitar work will always live on.