Phantom of the Opera

PSYCHOcatholic

Ive decided that i one day have to play this role. Its probably one of the greatest male roles to play on stage if you can sing it. I could learn, and for the choreo...i could fake it.

Does anybody else like this musical? I havent seen the movie yet...people say its really good. Ive just been pretty busy lately...

Anybody??

I think the 2 disk may be the musical soundtrac, not the film?

The film is a musical, so the soundtrack should be the musical...? Or do you mean the score without the vocals? I actually have a soundtrack for a film titled The Phantom Of The Opera... with Robert Englund as the title character! Yah, the guy who played Freddy Krueger is Opera Ghost in this instance. This should've been an easy transition without having to take the make-up from one set to the other. The movie was not bad, but definitely not for purists. At least it was better than Dario Argento's version (which starred Julian Sands).

phantom.jpg

poto2.jpg

As you can see, at least Englund stuck to the original roots of the character. Someone should wave a skunk in front of Argento :beatnik:

I saw the musical on Broadway, but there was no one "famous" in it. Still, it was great. I have the London Original Cast musical soundtrack as well. Michael Crawford is AWESOME!!!! I really don't think Sarah Brightman is anything to write home about, I think she sounds downright screechy sometimes.

I heard Emmy Rossum and whoever plays Raoul in the movie singing on Good Morning America when the movie came out and they sounded really good, so I'm sure the movie soundtrack is something!