limewire difficulties

i just downloaded it today after finally giving up on winmx. i had been trying to find a song on winmx for the past few days, and whenever i'd find it, it never downloaded it.

i found the song i wanted after installing limewire, and it downloaded in 15 minutes. i was very impressed. i shut my computer down, and went about my day. well, earlier this evening, i tried to download some more. but now, limewire's search engine isn't finding anything! even the song i downloaded earlier.

why is this happening???

i uninstalled limewire, then reinstalled it, restarted my computer, and tried again with no avail.

please help me here. i'm about fed up with downloading music.

With certain P2P programs, it shares users. If those users aren't online - the song cannot be uploaded/shared off their PCs thus disabling you from downloading. I'm not familiar with Limewire at all, but have heard that iMesh is very fast and has teamed up with Gnutella so it is really super fast with worldwide sources. :thumbsup:

I have used winmx through the last 4 or 5 upgrades without any trouble at all. Since it is a P2P the availability of particular items is entirely dependent on who is online and sharing. I can't always get what I'm after, but you really have no right to complain, you aren't paying anything for it. Just be glad the RIAA doesn't go after more file sharers than they do. That any of these P2P communities exist is a blessing.

Foxy,

I was only laughing because you made it sound like Kazaa didn't come with any spyware. They are well known for it.

If you clean it out every month, that's great. I run scans once a week.

I use X-cleaner, Lavasoft ad-aware, and Spybot Search and Destroy. Between the 3 of them, they get rid of everything I've ever had get through to my computer.

I have limewire. The only problem I have with it is it seems to bog down the computer when I'm downloading.

I used to have kazaa lite, and when my brother purged my computer and installed xp, I decided to try something different. He suggested limewire.

It slows down the pc, which kazaa never did, but on the upside, I've never got one of those recordings that starts that screeching in the middle of the song. It seems every song I download is ok.

I did have that happen once, when nothing came up, but it only happened once, and hasn't happened since.

Cool beans Foxy! I haven't had a crash with iMesh before though, I wonder what is causing it? Does it just freeze and not respond or does it crash to Windows or restart the computer? I wonder what's going on??? ::

It is strange...It just freezes and I have to do Ctrl + Alt + Del to close iMesh down....