BEASTIE BOYS TAKE ON KFC

ReneeLynn

I may be a little biased, being a scientist, but peta isn't exactly full of MENSA members, here. A few years ago, they elected Pamela Anderson as their "woman of the year". This woman has tattoos, dyed hair and wears about 2 tons of makeup.

What do you think the tattoo ink, hair dye and makeup was tested on?

She also has hepatitis and if she's taking drugs for it, what do you think the drugs were tested on?

I respect people's views, but PETA does not spread facts, it spreads sensationalism and ignorance. Unfortunately, movie stars jump on their bandwagon without doing any research whatsoever and obviously PETA will back anyone who gives them a dime without checking them out.

Sorry, rant over. Renee, if you are against eating meat, I don't mean to offend you. You're a better woman than I am, because I can't resist the call of the cheeseburger.

...ignoring Aaron... ::

Penn and Teller have a show on Showtime called "Bullsh*t" where they expose (what they consider to be) fraudulent phenomena and people. They have done shows on ESP, hypnosis and talking to the dead.

They had an episode about PETA and completely ripped them apart. They went in depth abot the lady who started and runs it and all of her shady business practices. Here is a link to their site clicky. Check out the "Watch Video Preview"...it's pretty funny.

I found quite a few episode guides as well as interviews with Penn Jillette about P.E.T.A. :thumbsup:

Now while I'm 100% against animal cruelty, I do agree that they are using women as a front to their project, which seems to have taken a backseat. When you see those ads, do you remember that animals should never be abused or how hot so-and-so looked in the buff? I don't know very much about PETA, but what I have read does seem to be quite contradictory. It's good that they have high profile people involved in promoting the cause, but you can't play both sides with something as controversial as this.

Thankfully, the show is surprisingly good at balancing its histrionics with facts. Using PETA's public tax records, tonight's show links the organization to Rodney Coronado, who admitted to firebombing a Michigan State University lab that used animals in its research. Penn and Teller also do a nice number on a PETA vice president whose treatments for Type II diabetes were developed using research on dogs.

Pity, because we need more organisations that are for the ethical treatment of animals, like the one I work for in SA called the AAC (Animal Anti Cruelty league). These are grassroots people working on love and donations to ensure that animals are cared for in the best possible way. No one walks around flaunting flesh or making money off of it. It's 95% volunteer services as there are expenses that have to be funded at a below-cost price.

And :thumbsdown: to Geography-ism! ::