Songs with singer's other than band's lead singer

My response (to another post) of Incense and Peppermints got me wondering what other songs were sang by a singer other than the band's original lead singer? Can any one think of any others?

edited to say I don't mean when George or Ringo sang lead on a Beatles tune. I mean singers brought in to sing a specific song.

Elvin Bishop's "Fooled Around And Fell In Love" is sung by Mickey Thomas, who went on to sing with Starship.

Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold" is sung by his guitarist - not sure if that counts.

Pink Floyd's "Have A Cigar" is sung by Roy Harper.

Ted Nugent wasn't the lead singer on his LPs. Derek St Holmes was. Ted only played guitar on his records, although on the "Free For All" LP he sings two songs: "Dog Eat Dog" and "Street Rats" but I'm not sure. Derek was in the process of leaving the band during the recording so he sang on "Free For All" and "Turn It Up" while the rest of the songs on that record were sung by Meat Loaf.

Roy Harper makes an appearence on the secret track on "The Edges of Twilight" by Tea Party, as well as a track on the Alahmbra EP. I think the track is called "Time".

Ian Gillan sang on Black Sabbath's awful LP "Born Again" but he was a member of the band at that point so does that count?

Thanx

Elvin Bishop's "Fooled Around And Fell In Love" is sung by Mickey Thomas, who went on to sing with Starship.

Pink Floyd's "Have A Cigar" is sung by Roy Harper.

Well, hats off to Roy Harper for that, and I never knew Mickey Thomas sang "Fooled Around and Fell In Love."

I just remembered:

-- Robby Krieger sang a large part of Running Blues for the Doors

-- Meg White sings Cold Cold Night for the White Stripes

-- An entire school choir sings the chorus of Another Brick in the Wall for Pink Floyd

-- Dee Dee Ramone sings Warthog for the Ramones

That's all I got for now.

• 4 months later...

ex-Mick Jagger flame Marianne Faithful sang backup on Metallica's "The Memory Remains"

Tom Petty recruited a whole gang of legendary singers that he worked with during the Traveling Wilburys to backup on the song "I Won't Back Down" This included George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison.

edited to say I don't mean when George or Ringo sang lead on a Beatles tune. I mean singers brought in to sing a specific song.

I guess most of this thread lists songs that were sang by another group member.

A punk band called NOFX payed a homeless man $1,000 to sing an entire song for one of their albums, I forget the name of the song though.

The Alan Parsons Project used various guest singers.

As did Steely Dan in the early days.

Those are the two I was gonna mention :headphones: I like the ones where Wolfson sang meself ::

Depeche Mode's lead singer is David Gahan, but Martin L. Gore, their songwriter, also sings a couple of their tunes (and are my faves :) ).

Clan Of Xymox's lead singer is writer and composer, Ronny Moorings, but Anke Wolbert, their bassist, also sings a couple of the early songs (she has a beautiful voice to boot - shoulda done more with her).